Oscar Delancey: Single No More?

Mr. Montana: Mikey
Ozzy: Oscar

—————————————————————

Mr.Montana: Morning Ozzy

Ozzy: Morning Mick
Ozzy: what's up?

Mr.Montana: just checking in yk
Mr.Montana: got a surprise

Ozzy: not a big fan of those, but I'll bite
Ozzy: what do you got for me?

Mr.Montana: Im going to be in New York for a couple weeks. Probably stay in Manhattan for a few. You live in Manhattan, right?

Ozzy: really?! That's amazing! I can't believe it
Ozzy: yeah I live there

Mr.Montana: I was wondering if you'd want to hang out? Like go out somewhere

Ozzy: yeah of course! We can def hangout

Mr.Montana: I was thinking more of like a date

Ozzy: then definitely. When are you coming?

Mr.Montana: in about two days

Ozzy: see you at the airport then:)

——————————————————————

Oscar pounded on the door of the Jackson household, grinning widely as Roller opened the door. "Damn, I thought you were the police-"

"I'm going on a date!" Oscar made his way through the door frame, shaking his hands from excitement. He watched as Roller's eyes widened. "Like, an actual one. You'll never believe with who."

"Well, don't keep it to yourself", Roller nearly shouted, pushing Oscar further into the house, closing the door with her foot. She dragged her best friend to the couch, and sat down giddily. "Spill it the hell out!"

"Okay, so", Oscar started, taking a deep breath to calm himself down. "Mickey-"

"Who?"

"Mr. Montana."

"Oh, yeah, yeah. Okay, go."

"Mikey texted me and was like "Morning", which he does all the time. It was pretty standard", Oscar told, rolling his eyes at Roller's punch to his shoulder. He chuckled, tapping his finger against his thigh. "So I greeted him back and he told me he was going to be in Manhattan for two weeks. Naturally, I was excited, because...well, he's coming here."

"Technically, you're in Queens", Roller chuckled, laughing when Oscar punched her shoulder. "What? You are!"

"That's not the point!" Oscar shook his head, looking around as he thought of where to start. "Okay, anyway, I was excited, and he was like, "I wonder if we can go out" and I was like,"Yeah, we can hang out" and he was like, "No, I meant on a date." I started screaming."

Roller squealed, grabbing Oscar's bicep excitedly. "Oh my, God! Oh my, God!"

"I know!" Oscar laid back onto the couch, covering his eyes. "Ugh, this feels too good to happen."

"Well, I ship it", Roller sighed, laying back onto the couch. She turned to Oscar with a smile. "I'm happy for you, bro. You deserve it."

Oscar hummed, digging out the dirt from under his nails. He recognized it as something he did when he didn't know what to say, and this moment felt a little more awkward than most moments he had with his best friend. "So...how's it going for you?"

Roller rolled her eyes fondly, shrugging. "Don't know. Haven't found too many dates lately, or whatever. I'm good, though."

Oscar frowned, having remembered a conversation he'd had with her. His heart felt for her, for how she felt lonely and unwanted. He always reminded her that she was his best friend, but Oscar was aware that could only do so much. "I'm sorry."

Roller sighed, wrapping an arm around Oscar and kissing his temple, rubbing his shoulder. "Ah, don't worry about me. Tell me more about Mickey."

Oscar laughed at her silly tone, shaking his head fondly. He was glad they were friends.