Chapter 1

The stench of cheap alcohol and sweaty horny college students annoyingly fill the stuffy night air surrounding me

I've only been on Laramie County Community College campus in Cheyenne, Wyoming for barely twelve hours and I'm already at my first college party at some two story frat or sports team house. I can't remember, nor do I care that much.

Free booze and some roommate bonding enticed me more than anything.

"Mackenna!" the soon becoming familiar voice belonging to one of my three roommates, Dylan Hayes, calls over the thumping music.

I turn my head towards her voice, my gunmetal blue eyes searching for my roommate through the crowded quad-level house. My dirty blonde bouncy curls swishing over my shoulder, grazing my striped elbow length sleeved top to find her climbing up the few steps to the main level. "Hey. Where's Sierra?" Leaning against one of the corners in the u-shaped kitchen, my distressed dark blue flared jean clad legs crossed at the ankle with an old pair of simple brown cowgirl boots peaking out, making me just shy of five-five.

"Oh, she's busy making out with that girl already," Dylan sighs, jumping up onto the laminate countertop. One of the strappy brown sandal wrapped calves of her five-six body taps my shoulder. She's beautiful, short bob of coffee brown hair, warm russet brown eyes that pop off her smokey makeup. Her short puff ivory and pink floral print dress shows off her cleavage with the self-tie square neckline while the dress hugs every curve she has.

Dylan is who I'm lucky enough to be sharing a room with while Sierra Allen and Amber Cadwell are bunking together just on the other side of the wall from Dyaln's side of the room.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda glad about it. Amber seems like a total bitch and after the last few months, I don't have it in me to pretend to get along at the end of the day.

"It's only been, like what, half an hour?"

"She moves fast apparently," she rolls her eyes while I hide my giggle behind my solo cup.

The mixed drink of whatever Dylan made me almost immediately after we arrived isn't the best thing I have tasted, but it's better than being completely sober at my first college party. She claimed she was the queen of mixed drinks her senior year of high school, but I'm not sure of that based on this first drink.

"You still have some of this left?" she plucks my drink from my hand to take a gulp, flashing the little daisy on the inside of my right middle finger.

"Not much anymore," I shoot back, taking my cup away from her to chug the rest of it.

"Oh boo-hoo bitch, I'll make ya another one."

"You better," I laugh. "You looking for anyone tonight?"

"No way. School hasn't even technically even started yet, so I'll be keeping my options wide open," she smirks. "You?"

"Oh, um..." I fiddle with the oval turquoise ring with rope detailing on my left index finger, a replacement for the one I lost earlier in the year.