Chapter 56

Leaving Laramie was harder than I thought it was going to be

Yes, I'm more than likely going to return in September and I want to be home more than anything, but I didn't expect to grow as attached as I seem to have become.

A lot of personal growth happened there.

I mourned and grieved for my dad every day, but I also made the steps to start healing. I made two of the best friends I could ask for who were always there for me. I learned how to stand up for myself with my mother and the town that I love and hate all at the same time.

Wesley and I came back together with the distance we both took a part of putting between each other.

I'm thankful Wesley was there to help me pack the last of my things. I loved it even more when he led me back to the spot where he saw me again for the first time.

That kiss we shared there was special, both of us enjoying the sentimental moment stirring between us.

So much has happened between that time, the biggest one being that we got back together, something I didn't think was ever going to happen in October.

Neither of us regret that decision though. It feels right, we're meant to be, and nothing is going to get between that this time.

Now, we're minutes from being back home, Wesley all but up my ass in his truck behind my Wrangler.

The sun is starting to set and the Big Horn Mountains are in the distance as we drive under the Black Creek Ranch sign above the entrance to the property off the road. I couldn't have asked for a better welcome home.

"You're crazy," I laugh when we climb out of our vehicles after parking beside the house.

"Crazy for you," he chuckles as he rounds the front of his truck to close the distance between us.

"Right, of course. How could I forget," I shake my head as I wrap my arms around his neck before he lifts me off the ground. "You've gotten needy," I tease, my legs circling his waist to secure myself to him.

"Says the one with her entire body wrapped around me." His lips plant soft kisses along my jawline and neck, our bodies ever so gently swaying between our cars.

"You picked me up."

"I just missed you a lot," he sighs, setting me down. "I know I saw you a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't the same as spring break."

"Where we had incredible sex in the hotel?"

"Exactly," he smirks. One of his hands cradles my face while the other tucks hair behind my ear before dragging across my neck to tilt my head to look at him. "You weren't in the most positive headspace the last time I saw you, which I completely understand, but you're doing so well now. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you." I melt into his touch. "It means more than you know that you were there for me. I don't know what I'd done without you just being here."

"Anytime, baby."