Chapter 25

"We don't have to do anything, but I want you to stay with me tonight

"We don't have to do anything, but I want you to stay with me tonight. Please," Wesley hums, tenderly kissing my lips.

Right, because we're gonna let this moment slip by without something happening.

"I'd like that" I smile into the kiss.

"Good." Wesley takes my hand and guides me towards the stairs, letting me walk in front of him, one hand in mine, the other on my hip.

Stepping into his bedroom at the top of the stairs, everything looks different than before, it's not cloaked in the darkness and hurt. Even in the dim lighting from his bedside lamp, the sense of being safe, loved, a treasured secret, my escape, comes rushing to me. I feel at home with him and his room is where everything started for us after the day we met. This very room is where we first kissed, it's where he asked me to be his girlfriend in so many words, where we slept together for the first time.

One of the only changes is Hank is now up here. He's oblivious to the shift in energy in the room, curled up and sleeping on his own bed in the corner between the tiny nightstand and desk.

I sit down at the head of his bed, discarding my jacket onto the floor, and he settles beside me, hooking my leg over his hip so we're both on our sides, looking at each other. My arm rests on his so my fingers can trace the side of his face before playing with his hair.

His hand tightens in his grip on my thigh and he closes the space between us with a firm kiss to my mouth. He uses his other hand to curl around the back of my neck to tilt my head, deepening the kiss before he's pulling away all too soon. His eyes lock on mine, a slight furrow in his brows appear the longer he looks at me.

"What's wrong?" I murmur, gently scratching the back of his head.

"I just don't want you to regret this," he whispers.

"Regret what, us?"

"Yeah."

"Wes, I won't. I can't. You're the best thing that's happened to me."

"I fucking missed you and I don't want to fuck this up."

"I missed you too, so much. As long as you talk to me like we are now, being open and honest, we'll be okay."

"I promise to do better this time."

"That's all that matters to me," I smile, tilting my head to kiss him again, my hand dropping from behind his head to his cheek, my palm touching the top of his beard while my fingers rest on his skin. My hips roll against him and I roll him onto his back so I'm straddling him and my hair falls forward and acts like a curtain for our faces, our kiss deepening. I push against his tongue, tangling them together as he grabs my hips and loops his fingers into my belt loops to encourage me to move over him, his jeans not doing much to hide what is hiding beneath the zipper.

He kisses from my jawline down to my neck and my hips roll more as a moan escapes me, my body craving more. His hand moves up and he slips it underneath my sweater and t-shirt to rest against my lower back, and I arch a little bit into the touch. "Can I?"