Chapter 10

"Ugh

"Ugh. I'm not ready to be back on campus," Sierra whines as we walk across the parking lot for the dorms.

The past week we spent at Dylan's house for fall break and we spent the entire time hanging out, we even did a little pre-holiday shopping, all in all, we enjoyed our time being lazy.

"Trust me, I'm not either. A week was not enough time," I agree, tightening my gray Ariat zip-up jacket around me. It's cold and windy, not great weather to heighten our spirits about being back at school. My red long sleeve top, black leggings and go-to boots barely help fight the low temperature.

"You aren't excited about your date with Gavin?" Dyaln asks.

Gavin and I texted on and off during the week away from school and he asked if I wanted to grab dinner tonight after the girls and I got back to campus.

Not wanting to overthink things, I agreed, but now that I'm back, I'm not sure it was the right answer.

"I don't know," I shrug.

"Is the kiss still bugging you?"

"Maybe a little? I mean, it was a good kiss. It just lacked something."

"Sparks."

"Yes!"

"It was one kiss after a weird night. Give him the benefit of the doubt."

"Maybe you just need to have sex with him," Sierra says through a laugh. She doesn't stop even after I slap her arm.

"S!"

"What? It's not a bad idea! Maybe he was nervous."

"So you think a bad kisser would be better in bed?" Dylan shakes her head with a scoff.

"Worth finding out."

"Look, he's not a bad kisser. It's just, the spark isn't there," I cut in.

"That happens, Sometimes as much as you might like someone, you just don't vibe and it's okay. You're not going to date every single guy you befriend," Dylan says.

"I guess that's true. I don't want to lead him on if I don't feel the same way he does though."

"Well, see how tonight goes. Maybe kiss him a couple more times too. If things don't go that well or that spark is still missing, just be honest with him."

"Ugh, why are boys so complicated."

"Because you're over thinking things. Y'all have kept things casual, just go with it."

"Yeah, I guess so," I sigh.