Chapter 57

Being back home the past couple weeks has been the perfect break, and return, to reality

Being back home the past couple weeks has been the perfect break, and return, to reality. I'm out of school and back home doing what I love.

With the love of my life at my side.

Getting to go to bed and wake up beside Wesley every single morning in the bedroom I grew up in has been better than I thought. I knew I'd love it, but our sleep has improved tenfold being in the same bed each morning and night, knowing how steady we are.

Not to mention the sex we've been having lately?

Holy shit.

Between embracing time to explore and with Miles being around the house so we've had to be quiet, our sexual relationship has blossomed in such a way I didn't expect.

I've been purposefully pushing Wesley's buttons sometimes to get a reaction out of him and that is when he gets me to orgasm the hardest and quickest.

Well, once he's done teasing the ever living hell out of me. His dirty praises and promises filling a void I had no idea was inside of me, creating some of the best sex we've had.

Like, just last night, he spent what seemed like an hour teasing me after I-

"Mac, heads up!" Miles shouts my name from behind me.

My brother, Wesley and I are working together this morning, and we're checking on the cattle, but we found a broken stretch of fence from a storm we got a couple days ago.

And now a couple calves have wandered too far, heading for the gap we haven't gotten too yet.

Miles and Wesley are doing most of the heavy lifting while I've been riding Gingersnap around the cattle, circling them for a wellness check.

I had just pushed my way through the middle of the herd to check on the ones hiding in the middle, daydreaming about last night when a couple of the calves snuck off without me noticing. I push Ginger forward and easily catch up to the paid, making the little ones circle back around as they close in on the gap.

"Quit daydreaming and check the herd so you can come help us finish this up," Miles calls out to me like I'm a normal ranch hand.

"Please, you know I'd make the two of you look like fools if I came and helped." I sass him.

"Whatever you say little sis."

"Whatever," I mock him. I spin Gingersnap around and follow after the calves who have rejoined the herd to finish checking them over.

Not even ten minutes later, I'm circling back over to join the guys and now they're halfway done with the stretch of broken fence. I linger, making sure Ginger is far enough from the boys because left unsupervised she can be a bit of a bitch, and triple checking their ties.

All to watch Wesley work behind the blue lenses of my black framed aviators.

It's still cold in the mornings, we've barely been hitting sixty degrees during the hottest parts of the day, but after being out riding for a few hours and with the sun up, we've all ditched our jackets, tucking them into our saddle bags.