Chapter 7

A week later, I'm sitting in the common space of my dorm room flipping through all the apps we have on the little smart TV Sierra brought from home, for us three to watch

Dylan, Sierra and I decided to have a quiet girls night in our room after the three of us went out on dates last night.

I went out with Gavin again and I had a good time, we went to dinner before strolling through downtown Cheyenne. Dylan went out with a friend from class and had "a good lay" as she put it when she walked in at two a.m. while Sierra unfortunately had a bad date with some girl she met in passing last week.

Amber went out as well, only to stroll in sometime early this afternoon, hiding herself away in her room. When she is here, she's bitchy and her and Serra have the worst tension, probably since they share a bedroom..

I'm surprised Sierra hasn't crashed in our room yet to escape Amber's bitch wrath, but she's been putting up with it like a champ. I knew I probably would have chewed Amber's head off by now, not to say Sierra hasn't come close a few times.

"Just pick something," Sierra calls to me over her shoulder from where she's putting together a little snack platter for us in the non-existent kitchen. Her matching hot pink Lululemon sports bra and tiny shorts are popping against her skin, you couldn't miss her if you tried.

"There's too many choices," I huff, hanging my head so my curly mess of a top knot falls apart a little bit more. I'm perched on the couch, my legs folded and in an oversized soft pink sleep shirt with tiny shorts pulled on underneath "Why did your parents have to give you access to all the movie and tv show apps known to man?"

"Because they love their daughters," she laughs.

"Ugh, can't relate with my mom. My dad did love me though."

"Oh my God," she shakes her head with a soft chuckle. "Has she tried to reach out to you at all?"

"My mom?"

"No, the ghost living in your room," she sasses. "Yes, your mom."

"Only like a couple times the past few weeks. I think she's finally getting the hint I want nothing to do with her."

"What about your brother?"

"Miles? He's said they've talked a couple times but it's been nothing of importance. It's mostly so she'll stop calling him, so I guess that might make him a slightly better person than me."

"She's your mom. You don't want to hear her out at all?"

"Can we please not do this tonight? Leave the momming to Dylan. You're supposed to be the fun one."

"And what does that make you?"

"The troubled teen." I smirk. "With major mommy and minor daddy issues."

"Jesus Mac," she shakes her head with a laugh. "Wait, what is Amber's role?"

"I don't know what she is," I nod my head in the direction of the closed bedroom door to Sierra and Amber's room. "Has she moved at all since she got home?"