Epilogue Chapter 1

May 11th, 2024

May 11th, 2024

"It's graduation day, bitches!" Sierra cheers, popping the bottle of champagne in her hands. She's standing barefoot on the peninsula in the kitchen of our rental house, champagne now spilling all over her feet after the initial spray calms down.

"Hell yeah!" Dylan beams from where she's standing beside me in front of the counter.

"Whoo!" I bounce in place, safely on the floor.

"Cheers y'all!" Sierra shouts again, still on the counter top. Squatting, she fills our light purple solo cups with the bubbly alcoholic beverage to the rim

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I giggle when the bubbles almost overflow out of the cup.

"I can't believe this is the last time it'll just be us in this house," Dylan says before taking a sip.

"Me either," Sierra pouts.

I drop my head with a sigh before looking over at the boxes piled near the front door. "Guys, don't make me feel guilty."

The lease on the house we've been renting is still good through the end of the month and Dylan and Sierra have chosen to stay through the end of it, going their separate ways afterwards.

Me? I want to go back home immediately so I'm leaving Cheyenne pretty much right after the ceremony ends. I went home a lot during this past school year to see Wesley and Miles, but it was never the same because I was always leaving.

Now though, I'm going back and never leaving outside of trips to see the girls and to see my family out in California and Wesley's in Billings.

That's right, my relationship with my mom has been going really well and now Miles and her are talking just as much. She came out for Christmas with Zane, Amelia and Theodore to spend Christmas with us and her mom.

Wesley and I went to Billings to see his family for Thanksgiving and then they all came out for Christmas so our families met then.

It was a little awkward having my mom meet Shelby because she has stepped into the mother role for me, she's one of the big reasons I decided to go to California and reassured me her son wouldn't leave me when I told him I might not want kids. They got along well and I think because they were both aware of the role they play in my life, they knew when to step up or back down.

I'm glad we were able to get them to meet before this weekend because with the emotions of being done with college and moving out of this house where I lived with my friends, I'm all over the place to the point where I feel like I can't think straight.

And no, I'm not pregnant.

I haven't changed my mind on the kids front, and I haven't said a thing to Wesley about it, but seeing him with my little siblings and Emma has definitely started to thaw my little cold heart.