Chapter 36

I woke up Friday morning in a God awful mood that had me contemplating even getting out of bed and going to class even though it's the last day before finals start next week

I woke up Friday morning in a God awful mood that had me contemplating even getting out of bed and going to class even though it's the last day before finals start next week. This mood is one I don't think I've been in since Wesley first left a year ago tomorrow, which is probably the cause of said mood. Even when he came back into my life out of nowhere, that was more out of hurt and anger, this is one I haven't been able to shake now well into the afternoon.

It also doesn't help how I've hardly talked to him today and I can't see his location, but I know reception is very spotty on the ranch so I'm trying not to let it bother me too much.

Ha, who am I kidding? It is bothering me.

We're one week away from leaving for the wedding and luckily the dress search was successful. We had a full fashion show once they all showed up, Dylan and Sierra even tried most of them on as well despite the size differences between us.

I'm in love with the dress I chose and I can't wait to see my boyfriend's reaction to it next weekend.

That is if I can make it until then.

Silently fuming with the worst bitchy face I've ever worn, I leave my last class of the week in desperate need of a pick me up, so I head to the Starbucks on campus. I order a trenta vanilla sweet cream cold brew topped with vanilla foam, needing the caffeine and the sweetness and four petite vanilla bean scones to try to cure this grumpy ass situation I have found myself in.

Head down, I'm mid bite of one of the scones as I push out through the campus's community circle where the dining hall, the playhouse and student lounge are, when I get my drink knocked out of my hand by a body bumping into me.

"Shit, sorry," the voice belonging to the body says.

"Of course," I groan. My eyes flick up to find out who ran into me.

Low and behold, I shouldn't be surprised to see that it's Gavin.

"Oh, hey, Mackenna," Gavin says

"Hey," I grit.

We haven't seen much of each other since school started back again after winter break, mainly only a handful of passings in our dorm building.

"Wow, maybe I won't replace your coffee," he snips.

"Sorry, it's not you. It's me, today's not my day. I just want to go home."

"Well, let's get you a new coffee so you can get back to your dorm."

"Okay," I sigh, heading back inside with him. My dorm is not where I want to be, but I know I shouldn't drive all the way home to Black Creek right now.

"So, what's going on?" Gavin asks while we're on the few minute walk to our dorm building, already halfway there, a new cold brew for me and a black tea for him.

"I don't know. Life's just been not fun lately and I think it's finally catching up to me."

"Are you still with that boyfriend from back home?"