Chapter 64

After Dylan and I got Sierra to chill out and help, we managed to get the barn looking better than it has in a while and I ended our day with a trail ride to go see some cattle and we spent a little time in the creek

Now, the sun has gone down so Miles, Wesley and us girls are all sitting around the fire pit, eating and drinking to celebrate the end of the work day and a small toast to celebrate the Fourth of July. We kept food simple to enjoy roasting it over the fire, hot dogs, kabobs, the works, and obviously we're having s'mores for dessert.

"Anyone need some more chocolate?" Miles asks, slipping a bar of chocolate from the back pocket of his jeans.

Sierra twists her face in disgust from beside Dylan. "Ew, you did not just pull chocolate out of your back pocket and expect us to use it!" She's changed into a bright blue racerback tank top and a pair of tiny denim shorts.

"Uh, yeah?" he shrugs, before biting off a corner and showing them how he drizzles the melted chocolate over his marshmallow. He's sitting next to Wesley, almost directly across from Dylan since we've left a bit of room between all the chairs for places to put our food and drinks, plus it's easier for the boys to keep feeding the fire since I'm not doing it tonight.

"It's the best way to have it," I tell them from where I'm sitting across Wesley's lap. My hands fall to my front pocket I can easily access and I hold up my matching softened bar of Hersheys.

"You Baker siblings are weird," Wesley chuckles before kissing my gray t-shirt covered shoulder.

"Our dad taught me when I was like five or six, and then I taught Mac when she was old enough to not actually light herself on fire if she roasted her own marshmallow," Miles tells them, giving me a smile, a knowing look lacing his eyes.

"Why is that a thing?" Sierra asks.

"Because the chocolate gets melty, so you drizzle it and not have a block of chocolate."

"Honestly, that's kinda smart," Dylan shrugs, her coral loose t-shirt slipping off one of her shoulders, her legs covered up by a pair of gray leggings.

Before I can intervene, Wesley clamps his hand on my bare thigh since I'm wearing light blue washed denim shorts with ripped hemlines.

His faded red and blue flannel is unbuttoned, on top of his black t-shirt, with the sleeves rolled up over his forearms. "Let him," Wesley subtly tips his head at my brother who is already up and out of his chair to circle around to Dylan.

"But-"

He leans in and presses his lips to mine for peck. "Just let it be."

"Fine," I sink further into his chest, watching my brother and one of my best friends flirt over damn melted chocolate.

"Have you talked to your mom today?" Dylan asks a couple of minutes later.

"Only a little bit. She said something about going to the beach or something before watching fireworks tonight."