Chapter 35

"The bitch is gone for the weekend!" Sierra shouts while slamming the bedroom door open to mine and Dylan's room on Saturday

"Too loud," I snap, tugging my bedding over my head.

"What are you on about?" Dylan groans.

"Amber just left to go to that thing with her family or whatever. I don't fucking care. All that matters is that she's gone and we're going to have the best weekend." Sierra explains.

"Wait, cancel your plans!" Dylan cheers, her covers rustling as she more than likely sits up.

"How the hell is that going to make this the best weekend?"

"Mac! Wake up!" she voices before a pillow hits my body.

"What!?" I snap, throwing back the covers failing to protect me from my roommates' playful abuse.

"We're having a girls weekend. No partners, nothing but us girls."

"But-"

"No buts. Come on, Amber's gone, we can be loud, do whatever we want and not have her bitchy ass all over the place."

"Dylan," I whine.

"What, you have better plans? Sit around and wait for Wesley to have a free moment?"

"Not exactly, but I would like to talk to my boyfriend," I snap defensively as I sit up right. I know she has whatever she's got going on with what's his name, but she has no right to judge my relationship and how Wesley and I chose to navigate it.

"That's not exactly what I meant, okay? I just, you've been a little mopey since coming back home, especially considering you and Wesley got back together. I'm just worried about you. I want you to have some fun."

"By ignoring my boyfriend?"

"Please, just for the day. You guys can text tonight, okay?"

"S?"

"I mean, you're a little sad when you get off the phone with him." she softly tells me from where she's leaning against the wall. "We love you and we know things are hard right now with getting things figured out with him, your dad passing and mom not being around. You haven't gone out with us since we got back, so a day, weekend, whatever, just us girls, might be good for you."

"Do I really seem that sad?" I fiddle with the edge of my covers, letting her words sink in. I know getting back together with Wesley and leaving after about a month was going to be an adjustment and it hasn't been the easiest, but I didn't realize I'd been coming off that way.

"You're not that bad, Mac. We're just worried about you."

"Okay, fine," I give in.

"Hell yes! I'm ordering us breakfast and it's gonna be so greasy," Sierra cheers as she jumps on top of me.