Chapter 39

"I'm leaving in five!" I shout entering the dorm room early Friday afternoon

"I'm leaving in five!" I shout entering the dorm room early Friday afternoon. I just finished my last final and all but ran back to the dorm to get my things so I can drive home to meet Wesley before we take off for Montana.

This past week has been busy trying to focus on, but this impending weekend was a bit distracting and I can't wait to get it started now that I'm done.

Not to mention the fact that Wesley was here the weekend prior, and the girls, okay mainly Dylan, apologizing profusely for walking in on us and buying everything we did while he was here, which wasn't much, but the thought counts.

"Whoa, wait, you're going now?" Dylan jumps from her bed when I bust into our bedroom.

"Yeah, I have almost nine hours in the car, I need to go. We're already going to get there late," I explain as I take off my boots to strip out of my jeans so I can change into a pair of black leggings for the road trip I'm embarking on.

"So why not take a breather?" Sierra asks, popping into our bedroom while I wiggle my ass into the leggings.

"Because the groomsmen are supposed to have drinks at the hotel bar tonight since Cole isn't doing an actual bachelor party. Wesley is already missing the rehearsal to wait for me, so he really wants to try and make it for a drink with them." My hands riffle through my backpack to grab my laptop so I can pack the laptop into my duffle. I have my dress hanging up in my closet in a black garment bag, my hat and boots are both at home so Wesley should be putting them in his truck for me while I'm driving home.

"He already gets you for a whole week though."

"S, your separation anxiety is showing," I roll my eyes at her. "I live with you guys and this is his best friend's wedding. Let alone the fact that he's the best man."

"So? Why can't you just meet him tomorrow? Get some proper sleep before driving all day"

"Sierra, this weekend is really important to him, okay? I need to be there for him."

"Fine," she concedes, even though she knew there was no convincing me otherwise.

"Look, we can video chat for a little bit tonight when I get in if I don't pass out, okay? And we can video chat or whatever while I'm getting ready tomorrow since I'll be by myself."

"Promise?"

"Yes you dumb dumb," I giggle. "Now, walk me out?"

"Okay," she sighs.

I sling my duffle and my little black crossbody purse onto my shoulder while Dylan grabs my dress for me, the girls following me out to my Wrangler.

"Let us know when you get back home, yeah?" Dylan asks, hanging my dress up in my Jeep.

"I will, and when I stop," I nod before double checking I have everything. If I end up forgetting it, I'll have to make due or buy a replacement. Content that I got what I need, I wrap the girls in a hug and swing myself up into my already running car to get the heat running. "Love ya girls," I tell them.