Chapter 41

This bitch is seriously testing

This bitch is seriously testing. Every. Last. One. of my nerves and I'm this close to breaking her perfectly manicured hand in front of all these people I don't know.

I like to think I kept my cool during the ceremony, watching my boyfriend walk down the aisle with his ex-whoever-the-fuck-she-is, but I know my palms said otherwise once I was walking away after the new husband and wife and their wedding party disappeared.

At least when they were sitting at the table with the bride and groom and the rest of the wedding party, they were sitting with Cameron and Bridgette separating them so I knew she wouldn't be able to be touchy feely with him.

Dinner has been served, with speeches from Wesley and Isabell, as well as Cameron and Bridgette's parents sprinkled in.

Cameron and Bridgette had their first dance when they first entered as husband and wife, so for the most part now, Wesley is done with his best man duties since the party is in full force with a crowded dance floor.

But she just strolled up to us while we were sitting down at a table together, and she's touching my man, openly in front of me, knowing I'm right beside them.

I'm ready to throw hands.

The only thing keeping me planted is I don't want to cause a scene in front of the guests or the bride and groom and give Wesley's best friend a bad real first impression of me.

Okay, maybe Wesley's holding my hand hostage in a death grip, telling me to chill out, but I'm totally playing it cool again. He had been holding onto my thigh while we were having yet another little flirty moment, but the second he caught her walking up, he moved his hand to intertwine with mine in said death grip.

"Isabell," Wesley cuts off whatever she's babbling about and removes her hand from the lapel of his suit jacket. "This is Mackenna, my girlfriend," he turns his full attention to me, eyes meeting mine in a plea to play nice.

"Oh," she stutters, pulling my gaze to her, her dark brown eyes slightly narrowing as they land on me.

Puh-lease, like you haven't been sizing me up all night since you figured out who I was.

Wesley and I hadn't been subtle about keeping our eyes off each other, especially during the ceremony.

"It's uh, nice to meet you," she smiles at me. She's beautiful, even if I don't want to admit that some girl who's been with my boyfriend sexually is as pretty as she is. Her long dark brown hair is pulled back in an intricate bun at the base of her neck and her gorgeous emerald green maid of honor dress fits her almost like a second skin, showing off every curve she has. Her chest is almost as good as mine, almost being the keyword.

"Nice to meet you too," I plaster my own fake smile on my face.

"You know, I didn't think Wesley was telling the truth when he told me he had a girlfriend, but here you are."