Chapter 52

The bed shifts behind me before a heavy body climbs on top of me

"Mac-", kiss, "-baby-" kiss, "-Mackenna-", kiss. "Mac-", kiss, Wesley's lip ghost along my hairline.

I groan, rolling over onto my front, hoping to get away from the man interrupting my sleep.

"I know you're awake, baby," my boyfriend whispers into my ear.

"I was sleeping," I whine,

"Come on, it's time to get up."

"Go where?"

"You're coming with me this morning on the ride. Get you out of the house."

"I got out yesterday to see dad."

"For like twenty minutes, an hour max with if you add in the ride to and from. I'm talking a good couple hours at least."

"Wesley," I groan.

"You said you wanted to start coming with me."

"I meant like, during the summer."

"But you won't get to see newborn calves then. They'll all be months old."

This fucker, using cute baby cows against me.

"You're don't fight fair," I roll over, narrowing my eyes at him.

He's been up long enough to get ready for work, all but his hat, jacket and boots missing in his outfit. "Besides, wouldn't you want to see your brother's face while he tries to figure out if he heard us last night?"

"Oh, that could be fun," I smirk.

"I thought so too." He leans down and kisses me softly. "You gotta get up though to make that happen."

"Fine," I grumble.

It takes me only about ten minutes to change clothes and use the bathroom before Wesley and I head downstairs.

It's still dark, but I'm sure the sun will be rising soon.

A light in the kitchen is on, signaling that my brother is already awake and hopefully, for the sake of messing with him, still downstairs.

Turns out, Miles is bundled up and drinking his coffee outside because I catch him on the porch, probably having let the dogs out in the process.

Wesley and I make our cups, his with considerably less cream than mine, and then we make our way to the side door to join my brother.

"Play along," I mumble to Wesley as he opens the door for me to step out into the low temperature of the early morning.

"Morning, big brother," I sing-song as I hip bump Miles.

"You're awfully chipper for the early hour."

I hum behind the rim of my travel mug, eyeing my boyfriend between us. "I had a really nice wake-up call."