Chapter 27

A faint buzzing sound, grumpy murmurs and the patter of feet creeps into my head and pops my eyes open, blinking a few times to let my brain associate where I am

A faint buzzing sound, grumpy murmurs and the patter of feet creeps into my head and pops my eyes open, blinking a few times to let my brain associate where I am. Turning my head to look at the room instead of the wall, I find Wesley with his bare back to me.

It's still a little scratched up mainly between his shoulder blades.

Oops haha.

"Where you going?" I barely speak aloud thanks to my dry throat from getting some proper sleep in longer than I'd like to admit. I roll over to silence his phone, his alarm must have been set to snooze after it went off.

"Shit," his voice grumbles before he turns around. "Go back to sleep," he tells me as he leans over me, caging me in.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to work."

"What time is it?"

"Almost seven."

"That's barely five hours Wes."

It was past midnight when I came back from getting the box and it was definitely closer to 2 a.m. by the time we fell asleep.

Oh sleep, how I missed that feeling.

"I'll be fine. You can stay here and get some more sleep."

"It's not the same," I whimper.

"No, it's not. But, you slept, didn't you?"

"How-"

"I notice a lot of things about you, Mac."

"Oh," I close myself off, dropping my eyes to the comforter.

"Hey, it's okay. You're okay," he soothes, brushing hair from my face.

"Yeah," I sigh. I'm starting to feel better, but I don't know if I'd consider myself okay.

"We'll talk when I get off?"

"Mhm," I put on a smile for him.

"Good," he smiles back before leaning down to kiss my temple. "Stay here as long as you want."

"Thanks," I concede, curling more into his sheets that smell like us, sex, but mainly him.

"Always baby," he kisses my temple again. He straightens himself to finish getting ready for work so I grab my cell phone and sneak a couple pictures while he tugs a long sleeve t-shirt over his head. A thick flannel is layered on top before his jacket and hat are finally added. His heavy footsteps carry him back towards me where he shoves his own phone into a back pocket and leans over me again. "Send me those photos," he whispers against my lips before kissing me.

"How do you know I have them?"

"I know everything," he smirks.

"Mm, just for that, you might not get them."