Chapter 21

"One thing you can taste," he hums, not letting me answer before he crashes his lips to mine

"One thing you can taste," he hums, not letting me answer before he crashes his lips to mine. He tilts my face up to his to ease the height difference between us. His tongue brushes across my bottom lip and he gives it a little nibble that has me humming into the kiss as I open my mouth, letting him in.

Fuck, I've missed him. I've missed this.

Giving up the fight raging inside of me to stop this, I stretch up onto my tiptoes and press our bodies together, twisting my fingers into the ends of his hair.

He reacts by grabbing my hip and backing me up so I'm pressed up against the door to trap me between his perfect, still shirtless, body and the hard panel of wood. His hand slides from my face up to the back of my head, changing the angle to kiss me harsher, almost demanding more from me.

That's what gets the sense knocked back into me.

"Wait, stop," I gasp, pushing him away.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"This was a mistake, I can't do this," I cut him off before he can say anything to change my mind, to make me kiss him, again. I bolt from his room faster than when I ran to it earlier.

The kiss never should have happened.

That kiss.

Fuck, that kiss was what I dreamed about, craved for, wanted. I prayed for even a quarter of those sparks between Wesley and I to happen with Gavin or that horrible lay on Halloween weekend.

Something that made me feel alive.

I shouldn't have let him get to me. I shouldn't have let him in. I shouldn't have kissed him back.

Flying up the steps of my porch, I shove the back door open and slam it closed, pressing myself up against it. I run my hands over my face to tangle my fingers in the roots, tipping my head down. "Please, don't follow me. Please don't-" my whispered prayers are silenced by my brother.

"Mac, what happened?" Miles asks as he gently grabs ahold of my elbows.

"I uh-"

"Talk to me Mackey, what happened up there?"

"I need to go. I can't be here," I blurt.

"I'm going to fucking kill him!" my brother shouts, tightening his hold on me to move me out of the way.

"No!" I shriek. "You can't."

"Why not?!"

"I love him."

I love him.

"What?"

"I love him, Miles."

"Did you tell him that?"

I guiltily shake my head.

"Why? What the hell happened between you two?"

"How much did he tell you?"