Six

I had no time to process the situation.

The man whispered to me in a threatening tone, “Shh, be quiet.”

He continued to cover my mouth and pushed my shoulder down. He was strong, and I was too weak. There was no point in fighting back.

This was a killer. He murdered the emperor. A professional assassin. There was nothing I could do to stop him from killing me too.

I wanted to live. I didn’t care about the emperor. I just wanted to live.

I nodded to show him I would obey his orders.

His green eyes narrowed. Even though he was wearing a mask, I knew he was smiling. Such confidence and calmness in this situation.

He said to me again, “I’ll trust you not to scream. If you do, I will kill you. You will end up joining your dead husband.”

I shook my head. He laughed quietly and removed his hands.

“Ahh…”

I was finally able to breathe.

The man looked down at me with a strange expression. I looked up nervously.

He was in control of this situation. I had only two options. Either do what he said or die. So in truth, I had no options at all since I wanted to live.

He took out another dagger. It was the same one he used to kill the emperor. A simple, common dagger without any decorations. It touched my neck.

“…!”

I couldn’t breathe. It felt cold and deadly against my skin. If I didn’t do something, he would murder me.

Think! I had to think of something. Somehow, I had to survive this situation.

Suddenly, an idea came to me.

I trembled as I said to him. “I, I…”

“You?”

“I can help you.”

“What?”

He looked at me as if I went crazy. It was understandable. What could a useless concubine from a weak colony do for this man?

However, I had an idea.

In this room were a body, the assassin, and I.

Just the three of us.

If I survived this situation, I would be the only witness.

“I… I can testify!”

“…”

The man’s eyes brightened. He seemed intrigued. I had to grab this chance. This could work. I had to make it work.

“Whatever reason you had for killing the emperor, I don’t care. You want to make sure no one finds out about you and whoever hired you, right? Then you need someone to testify with a lie.”

“If I kill you right now and escape, no one will find me.”

“But this is a castle. Just outside the 100-kina radius, this room is surrounded by guards. Wouldn’t it make it safer to have me as a witness? I can keep quiet until you escape, and tomorrow, I can tell everyone that the assassin had a visible scar above his right eye with black eyes and dark skin.”

Of course, this man didn’t have dark skin nor any scars. His eye color was also green. If I testified this false account, he would be safe.

There was no reason why I wouldn’t do this. This man saved me from becoming the old pervert’s sex toy.