One Hundred Nineteen

As I gaped at his nonsense, he took his chance and kissed me. Just as he wanted, he made me ‘pay’ for the information.

A long, deep kiss followed. Whenever we locked lips, I was always surprised at how good he was at kissing. My body melted like a marshmallow in hot cocoa. By the time it was over, I was panting breathlessly.

He licked my lips again making my toes curl.

Lucretius’ fingers stroked my back gently.

I looked up at him all hot and bothered and whispered quietly, “I…”

“Hmm?”

He looked hopeful. I could see that he thought he won.

I touched his neck and slowly moved down.

His shoulder, his chest…

When I reached the bandages, I pushed and poked as I laughed.

He groaned in pain. “Gyaaa!”

“This is what you get when you don’t listen to me!”

He fell back onto the bed, and I left him there to return to where I was originally sitting.

“So you were saying Ksania didn’t kill herself?”

“Ugh… Are you really trying to kill me?”

I tapped the table and ordered, “I asked you a question! Answer me now!”

He seemed disappointed, but he replied, “As I said, she didn’t commit suicide. She was murdered.”

“Murdered?!”

“Yes, by her nephew, Coronel.”

I was so shocked that I shrieked.

“What? Prince Coronel killed her highness Ksania?”

Lucretius nodded with a cold smile. “That’s right. How bold. Well, more like reckless, I guess.”

He was very calm, considering we were talking about the tragedy of a family member killing his own blood. However, then, I felt the same way. I found it to be unexpected, but nothing more.

The man in front of me killed his own father, and I was his accomplice. Just as I suspected after the dowager empress’ execution, I realized how cold I had become.

When did I start to see death as nothing?

When Lisbeth and her family were killed, I felt a bit of shock. When Marquis Galisia was executed, I couldn’t look, so I turned away.

However, when it was the dowager empress’ turn, I watched the entire event without blinking.

The woman died an agonizing death after four swings by a dull ax, and I felt fine. No sympathy or distress.

All I thought was that I needed to witness the entire event or else she might come back alive and threaten us again. Therefore, when I saw her head severed completely, I was relieved and satisfied.

This was not a normal reaction from a twenty-year-old Korean girl.

My heart felt cold as I realized how much I had changed. Did I come too far?

When I remained quiet and deep in thought, Lucretius asked, “Bina?”

I turned around to look at him.

The man who dragged me into this.

My accomplice.

And… the man I love.

I nodded. “I’m listening, so go on.”

Lucretius seemed confused, but he continued, “First of all, it was too staged when he came running to our wing with a dead body in his arms. You weren’t there, but during our private meeting, I saw the ambition and craving in his eyes… I knew without a doubt that it was him who killed her.”