One Hundred Thirty One

“Bina?”

When he entered her bedroom, Bina was sleeping soundly. She looked like a snail, hugging a pillow and hiding underneath a mountain of blanket.

She continued to sleep, not hearing him calling her name.

Immediately after their trip, she had a lot of work waiting for her. On top of that, she was also busy with the preparation for the upcoming coronation. She must have been very tired.

Lucretius placed the box he’s carrying down on the bed and looked down at her quietly. Her pink cheeks looked so adorable that he couldn’t help but put his lips on them. The sugary smooth skin felt heavenly, but she felt a little warmer than usual.

“Hmm?”

Was she getting sick?

When he was about to get worried, Bina’s eyes opened. Her beautiful black eyes looked sleepy, but when she spotted him, she smiled. She looked so delightful that Lucretius again couldn’t stop himself from kissing her forehead.

She was his forever. She stayed in this world. She remained in his arms, and he loved her for it.

“Luc?”

“Yes.”

She seemed tired, but he wanted her attention. The gift he had been planning to give her for a very long time had finally arrived.

The frame had been prepared in advance. When the stone arrived today, Lucretius ran to the royal workshop in the castle. The blue tear of the goddess was placed onto the crown carefully.

When Bina sat up against the headboard, Lucretius handed her the box.

Bina asked, “What is this?”

Lucretius gestured for her to open without a word. It was a big box, and when she opened it, she became speechless.

“T, this is…”

Bina’s eyes wavered. In front of her was a blindingly beautiful royal crown.

A crown for an empress.

She had seen it before already. She carried it herself during Lucretius’ coronation in place of the empress. However, it looked different now, and she realized that it was because of the new stone.

Bina murmured, “The blue tear of the goddess…”

She had never seen it in person, but there could be no other diamond that looked so stunning as the blue tear.

Bina looked overwhelmed. “How did you…?”

Lucretius shrugged his shoulders. “It took a bit of an effort, but don’t worry. I didn’t have to go to war for it. As you know, we don’t have the time for war anyway.”

“I… guess, but… how…” Bina’s dazed eyes sparkled as her voice trembled.

Lucretius explained nonchalantly, “It is more like a gift to us from Genoa for not going to war with them. Besides… Good news will be announced very soon.”

“Good news?”

“Yes. Remember what you told me? Roselia fell in love with Prince Izid at first sight, and she has been lovesick ever since.”

“Oh!”

“After your coronation, we will officially announce the engagement. Roselia is still too young, so her marriage will have to take place in a few years.”

“And for that… Genoa gave up this jewel?”

Lucretius nodded. “There has been never a case where a legitimate Cransian princess was married to a Genoan royalty. This will be the first time. Plus, Roselia still is, technically, in line for the throne, which would be a huge bonus for Genoa.”