Eighty Four

When the emperor returned to his throne after the second dance, people started to approach him slowly again. They looked like hyenas going for a leftover carcass after the lion finished his meal.

The hyenas were led by the Genoa siblings. Coronel was one persistent and determined man.

“Haha, what an amazing dancer you are, your highness!”

“Is that so?”

Lucretius answered in an uninterested voice. He obviously didn’t want to talk to Coronel, but the prince didn’t give up. This large dark man was determined to get his sister Ludia into Lucretius’ arms.

I thought about helping the prince. My plan was also to get Lucretius a woman. Whether it was Yulia or Princess Ludia didn’t matter to me.

A princess from Genoa definitely was worthy of becoming the Cransian empress. The former emperor’s third wife was from Genoa as well. It was that woman who was glaring at me during the dance. I didn’t see her anywhere anymore.

That Genoan woman married the former emperor later in his life, but she easily climbed to become the third wife from starting out as a concubine. It was probably because she was from Genoa.

When I was about to help the prince, he said things that changed my mind.

“I just danced with my sister. Ludia is famous for her dancing skills in Genoa.”

“I see.”

Despite Lucretius’s disinterest, Prince Coronel continued.

“I can guarantee you, your highness, that my sister has a more beautiful face, body, and dancing ability that your current wife.”

“…”

Hmm…

I had to admit that Princess Ludia did have one sexy body. Very curvy indeed.

As I started to feel irritated, Prince Coronel continued, “And Ludia also has royal blood with clear lineage. She is the daughter of the Genoan king and his second wife.”

I flinched. The prince wasn’t just bringing up my appearance; he was outright attacking me about my background.

Lucretius announced I was a noble lady from a faraway land, but most people didn’t believe it. They all thought I was a random nobody the Duke of Aeal brought with the possibility of being his bastard.

Even if I was a proper daughter of Duke Aeal, I still couldn’t compare to the princess of Genoa. It was clear Prince Coronel was disrespecting my unknown lineage.

The prince looked at me from top to toe.

He obviously saw me as a lowly born woman.

He looked confident. He seemed sure he could accomplish his plan with Genoa’s power, his sister’s beauty, and his own political skills.

I would have let a lot of things pass, but not this.

I smirked at him and reached out to Lucretius. I took his arm and whispered, “Should we go for another dance?”

The third song was about to end. Lucretius’ green eyes sparkled.

He chuckled and led me to the dance floor as he said to the Genoan siblings, “I am well aware of Genoa’s love for dance, but it appears your kingdom doesn’t teach good manners. At least not to you or your sister.”

“… Your highness!”

Ignoring Coronel’s protest, we walked down the stairs. I hung onto Lucretius and turned around to grin at the prince and the princess.