Epilogue 1.1

Fairy tales often ended with a cliché sentence.

"And they lived happily ever after."

Everyone wanted a happy ending, but just because the last page of the book was done, it didn't mean the characters' lives were over. In fact, in this case, only a very small portion of the characters' lives was included in the story.

Their lives actually really began after the end of this novel.

Lucretius knew this very well.

Marriage was not an ending. It was only the beginning.

It was the same for pregnancy. He realized after Bina's coronation, their lives were just about to begin.

Therefore, the main story starts now.

***

"How long will the empress be in such discomfort?" Lucretius accused Lowson angrily.

He wanted to scream at him, but his pregnant wife was nearby. He had heard of a pregnant woman losing a baby from shock. Although he knew this was only a myth, he couldn't help but become careful whenever possible.

the emperor asked Lowson this same question over and over again for the past few weeks. As the doctor of the royal family, Lowson was the most skilled medical practitioner in the empire as well as in diplomacy and politics. He was tactful and logical with his answers to the emperor's redundant question.

"Usually, the second trimester gets more comfortable, so that would be after four months."

Lucretius again asked the questions he asked several times before, "But usually means not always, right? Samantha and Agnes told me there are times when ladies suffer for the entire period of their pregnancies."

"That... is possible."

"I also heard that my own birthmother suffered for eight months."

Lowson wisely tried to console the expectant father who seemed overly anxious.

"My wife stopped feeling uncomfortable at the four-month mark. Your highness, everyone is very different, so please, don't be too worried."

Lucretius frowned unhappily and murmured, "But... the empress has been suffering like that for a long time now."

He pointed at the luxurious bed nearby. They were standing in the empress' bedroom. The bed was covered with sheer white curtain and inside was the empress, resting wearily after another bout of vomiting.

All the maids surrounded the bed to take care of the pregnant empress. They brought everything they could think of that may help her. Fresh fruit juice, carbonated water available only in a faraway Mount Lutena, and small biscuits made of only flour, salt, and water.

Yulia also brought a specially made ginger ale her aunt had sent her. She claimed that it helped her a great deal during her own pregnancy.

Bina was talking to Samantha weakly. Her voice was so faint, it was hard to hear.

Lucretius looked at the scene desperately and harassed Lowson.

"I was so relieved to see her eat something this morning, but she threw everything up afterward! It has already been over four months, yet she is still like this! How will she survive the other several months?! You are the royal doctor, so you need to do something!"

When Lucretius started to shout at Lowson, Bina murmured to Samantha.

Samantha came to the emperor and relayed the message.

"Umm... Your highness, her highness requested that you come to her."

Lucretius ran towards the bed without hesitation. When he opened the curtain, Bina was sitting against a large pillow, looking very pale.