Fifty Five

“…”

I didn’t know what to say. He needed to stop this ridiculousness right now.

When I stood speechless, the chancellor laughed and said to the emperor, “Your highness, you are embarrassing her highness.”

“Is that so?”

They laughed at their own jokes. Lucretius had such a thick face it was impossible not be get annoyed.

If I was braver, I would have thrown a teacup or a piece of cream pie at his face.

While smiling at me infuriatingly, he suddenly glanced at my maids who were standing behind me.

“…”

He slowly looked at every one of them. I became tense, but I tried my best not to show it.

I didn’t know exactly where Lisbeth was situated behind so I couldn’t tell when Lucretius saw her.

I studied his facial expression carefully, but he remained the same the entire time. I felt a little scared he might compare me to the beautiful Lisbeth. Then I quickly hated myself for thinking it.

“Hmm…”

Luc seemed to be contemplating for a few seconds before smiling brightly and nodded.

“I agree with what my wife said before.”

“Pardon?”

When I seemed confused, Luc stood up and walked towards me quickly. His eyes were only on me and nowhere else.

“We will talk about it again when we are alone.”

As soon as he said this, Samantha seemed to understand quickly.

She bowed deeply and replied, “Yes, your highness.”

Huh?

While I watched the scene in confusion, it seemed Samantha and the emperor had an unspoken understanding. They looked at each other and Samantha added in satisfaction.

“Then we will leave you alone at once.”

“Huh?”

It wasn’t me who exclaimed but Lisbeth. When I turned around, I saw her trying to get the emperor’s attention.

“What? W, wait a minute…”

No one paid attention to her. Agnes glared at her and pulled her by her blue dress towards the door.

Within seconds, it was just the emperor, the chancellor, and I in the room.

While Lisbeth was dragged away, Lucretius’s gaze didn’t linger for a second on her. He didn’t show a single shred of interest in her.

Slam.

The door finally closed.

His cold fingertips grabbed my chin and turned my face towards him. Familiar green eyes looked down at me.

He pouted.

“Why can’t you show even a little interest in your own husband?”

What was he talking about?

When I looked at him in confusion, he didn’t miss a beat.

His lips covered mine. They felt warm and forceful.

When I flailed my arms, he quickly hugged me and thereby trapping me in his embrace. I felt weak.

His kiss was always passionate and intense. My whole body burned.