Forty Seven

Someone was calling me desperately. I turned around.

Clear green eyes filled my view. He was riding almost beside me.

He yelled, “Stop! It’s dangerous!”

I suddenly felt rebellious. Why couldn’t I go wherever I wanted to?

I shook my head and yelled, “No!”

The emperor looked surprised at my scream. He bit his lips and after a few seconds, he let go of his rein.

He then stood up on top of his horse. That man! What was he trying to do?

I could hear the servants and the maids screaming from far away.

“NO!”

“Your highness!”

“That’s dangerous!”

Suddenly, he jumped onto my horse. I thought my heart would stop just then.

While I tried to understand what had happened, he sat behind me smoothly and took the rein away from me.

He pulled it back hard and the black horse slowed down.

“Whoa-!”

The horse stopped completely. The servants ran towards us quickly, but I couldn’t think clearly.

The emperor’s lips were against my neck and he was breathing hard.

My fingers felt tingly. I used my right hand to massage my left fingers.

W, was I in shock?

I felt hot with him sitting so close to me. I tried to ignore it and complained to him.

“How could you! I was just about to have some fun…”

He didn’t answer right away. He was still panting like an animal. Before I could say more, he interrupted me.

“… Beginner riders often make a mistake of riding too fast and then breaking their necks.”

I shook my head.

“I don’t die that easy! Besides, I wasn’t riding that fast anyway!”

Behind me, he sighed as if I was being childish. I felt angry again.

I continued coldly, “Get off this horse. I promise I will ride slowly.”

I grabbed the rein, but he made me let it go by force. He was too strong for me to resist.

What was he trying to do here? He promised me that I could ride!

“I won’t let you ride alone.”

Why was he being so difficult today?

Before I could come up with a smart retort, he motioned the horse to start trotting again. It wasn’t a slow walk but not as fast as I was going just a few minutes ago.

I said to him in annoyance, “We are too heavy for the horse. You are abusing him!”

“Nope. He is strong enough to carry both of us with no problem.”

I could hear a grin in his voice. I tried to protest again. Two people, especially a big man like him, would be too heavy for any horse. We couldn’t do this to this beauty!

“How would you know?!”

“I know very well. Canon can handle our weight.”

“Canon?”

“It’s this guy’s name.”

He patted the horse familiarly. Now that I see, he seemed to know this horse very well.