Eighty Six

I had never seen him, but I knew Lucretius was an expert swordsman. You could tell he worked out. His body was hard and muscular.

I knew this very well. This wasn’t the first time I was on top of him.

“…”

W, what should I do?

I felt my face burning.

His chest was muscular, which meant it was soft and hard at the same time. It was warm too.

When I stared down at him in shock, Lucretius looked up at me weakly.

“If you wanted to give me an answer, you could have just said it. You didn’t have to show me with your body.”

“Bo, body?!”

NOOOO!!

I was about to explode from embarrassment.

He grinned.

“Why are you so red? What are you thinking about?”

“…”

I stood up quickly and awkwardly sat down on the carpet. He slowly sat up as well.

Lucretius laughed softly.

“Your answer is so creative. It’s so unexpected that I forgot I was angry.”

“T… I… I mean…”

I became speechless again. After a short hesitation, I finally was able to form proper words.

“I… I’m sorry.”

I kept glancing at him as if I was a child in trouble.

Lucretius lost his smile and asked me coldly.

“What are you sorry about?”

“Um, I mean…”

“Why did you grab me?”

I couldn’t think clearly.

He asked me if I really meant to return home and I didn’t give him an answer. When I remained silent, he took it as a yes and was about to leave.

I stopped him.

Why? What did I want?

There was no doubt I wanted to go back home. It was my home. I grew up there for 19 years. I missed everyone and everything about it.

I also couldn’t trust him. I was afraid his feelings for me would be temporary. I feared he would lose interest in me and I would become just one of his many women.

That was why I tried to get Yulia for him. I couldn’t trust his feelings, so I wanted them to be for someone else.

I knew I wasn’t making any sense.

I had to tell him the truth. I needed to tell him that yes, I planned to go back home if possible.

However, I couldn’t.

Why couldn’t I?

Lucretius reached out to push my messy hair out of the way. I looked into his eyes. They were beautifully green like a calm ocean. I felt like I was a small paper boat on it, waiting for a storm to destroy me.

He was truly like a sea. He could be cruel and moody. I couldn’t understand him a lot of the times. He could be violent. He could hurt me.

What I was afraid of was how he made me feel.

Lucretius smiled and touched my lips. My shoulder trembled lightly.

“I told you already several times. I want you.”