Short Stories 7.3

“Yulia, I give you an official rank and order you to be responsible for the first princess Beatrice’s education.”

Norma’s eyes widened in shock.

What did the emperor just say?

She was so surprised and confused that Norma asked even though she wasn’t spoken to, “… Pardon?”

It was incredibly rude of her to interrupt the emperor, but she wasn’t thinking straight at this point.

Lucretius frowned in displeasure. “I was talking to Yulia, not you Duchess.”

Norma didn’t even have the sense to apologize.

She shouted anxiously, “Y, your highness! You promised to dance the first dance with…!”

Just then, another sound of trumpet rang throughout the room.

Everyone froze as this could only mean another royal member was about to enter.

The emperor was already in the room and the princess was too young to attend this ball. This meant that there was only one person who could be coming in.

“Her highness the empress has arrived!”

***( NovelFull )

All the guests turned to the door in shock.

The door opened wide and a graceful woman walked in confidently. In a rose-red dress, her jet-black hair was adorned with her favorite blue diamond tiara. The woman’s eyes smiled seductively.

She was Lucretius’s only wife, the empress of Cransia, and the only woman who was allowed to use the name le Cransia.

The only woman the emperor will ever love.

Sa Bina le Cransia.

The crowd whispered among themselves in shock.

“It’s really the empress?!”

“Didn’t she move to Maram?”

“How is that she is here?”

“What about the rumor that Duchess Lonensia’s niece will become the emperor’s first wife?”

The empress’ carriage left a few days ago and no one had seen her until now. The castle was filled with many servants and maids and everyone knew what the empress looked like. If someone had spotted her, the news would have spread fast. No one had seen the black-haired lady until now.

The empress walked slowly and the guests moved apart with deep bows. She walked towards her husband smoothly. Lucretius took a few steps towards her as well and offered his hand. Bina’s hand touched his gently.

The empress smiled and sweetly said to her husband, “Haha, I’m a bit late. I’m sorry I made you wait, your highness. It took me longer than expected to get ready.”

The emperor looked his wife lovingly. “No need to worry, my love. Waiting for my empress is my pleasure.”

The loving couple acted as if their recent fight had never happened. They looked like they were more in love with each other than ever. They stared at each other as if there were no one else in the room.

Lucretius turned to Norma as if he suddenly remembered she was there.

He pretended ignorance as he said to her, “So Duchess, you were saying something about my first dance? Were you about to say I am to dance with someone other than my own empress?”

He was an excellent actor.

Lucretius continued, “If I dance the first dance with someone other than Empress Sa Bina, it would mean I plan to take another woman as my wife. I have absolutely no intention of doing that, so it would mean I have to dance only with my empress. Did you really think I should dance with another woman?”