Seventy Five

The dowager empress left quickly, and she took both of her daughters.

The wing she was staying at was a hidden place, so it was now harder to spy on her. However, since we had Princess Liliana on our side, we didn’t worry about it too much.

Lisbeth has been quiet lately. She sometimes glared at me, but other than that, she was meek and silent. It was strange. I also expected the Duke and Duchess Aeal to make a scene, but so far, nothing had happened.

The preparation for the ball was also going well, so luckily, I was able to take some time off to enjoy myself.

“Your highness, it is ready.”

The servant handed me Bella’s rein.

I hadn’t had the chance to ride this beautiful horse, but finally today, it was going to happen.

“Whoa.”

I patted her snow-white hair. As Lucretius mentioned, she was an obedient horse.

I handed her a sugar cube and she licked it off. Her tongue tickled my hand.

I got onto her back. The saddle was the same white color as the horse with beautiful golden decorations.

I patted her neck gently and urged her on.

Suddenly, there was a commotion. When I turned towards the noise, I noticed a familiar figure walking towards me.

“Bina.”

It was Lucretius. I changed the direction, so I could trot towards him.

I expected Bella to slowly turn, but an unexpected happened.

“Huh?!”

The horse suddenly jumped. I grabbed onto the rein as tightly as I could. The horse seemed to be spooked. It started to run at full force.

I screamed.

“Gyaaa!”

“Your highness!”

The maids screamed too. They tried to get close to me, but the horse had gone crazy.

“Bina!”

Suddenly, I noticed Lucretius who was dangerously close to me. He opened his arms and shouted.

“Jump off!”

As soon as I heard him, I cringed and hugged the horse tighter. I was an okay rider at best, and I had never been on an excited horse. I certainly never jumped on or off a horse before.

He was asking me to let go of the rein and jump into the air. I couldn’t help but be scared.

He shouted again, “Bina!”

He was all I could see. Somehow, I was mesmerized by his green eyes.

I let go, and I threw myself off the horse and towards him.

“…!”

I saw the sky and the ground jumble into one. I felt myself hitting the ground. My head felt a sudden shock.

Everything went black.

***

The maids shrieked.

“Your highness!!”

“The emperor caught her safely, but before he did, the horse kicked her body.

“Your highness, are you alright?!”

The knights, maids, and the servants all crowded the emperor and his wife.

Lucretius moved quickly away from the crazed horse and checked on Bina.