Epilogue 2.3

The next night.

When Bina returned to her bedroom after an evening walk with the help from her maids, she noticed that there was someone in her room.

“Luc…?”

She didn’t know when he came in and wondered why he snuck into her room. Then suddenly, she noticed something in his hand.

“T, that is…!”

Bina ran towards Lucretius, who was reading a notebook.

“G, give it back!”

Bina was desperate. Due to her condition, she was very slow, but she still went after him and tried to take the notebook away from his hand. Lucretius gave it to her easily and held her quickly, so she doesn’t fall down.

He said to her, “Hey, be careful. My empress needs to slow down a bit.”

Bina hid the notebook with both of her hands and screamed, “D, did you see it? Did you?!”

Lucretius nodded. “Yup.”

“NO!!” Bina yelled in frustration. “Why would you read someone else’s diary?!”

Bina was red as a strawberry. Lucretius couldn’t help but laugh at his adorable wife.

“Hahaha!”

“Why are you laughing!? How could you invade someone’s [privacy] like that! Even if we are husband and wife, there are boundaries we need to respect!”

Privacy was a word from earth, but I used it often enough here that Lucretius understood what it meant. Another word Bina often used was stress.

When Lucretius answered her, Bina was shocked.

“Hmm… Are you getting [stressed] because I invaded your [privacy]?”

“… Umm… yes.”

Bina’s eyes widened as she stared at Lucretius while still holding on to her diary tightly.

It felt strange for her to hear Lucretius use her language correctly and with excellent pronunciation. Cransian was very different than Korean after all.

Lucretius shrugged his shoulders and added, “I hear you use those words all the time, so I tried them out myself. How did I do?”

“Um… you did well.”

Lucretius smiled proudly. Annoyed at his confidence, Bina pinched his hand.

“Argg!”

When he groaned in pain, Bina felt better.

“So why would you read my diary?”

Lucretius shook his head. “I didn’t read it.”

“But you were looking at it.”

He nodded. “Yes, I saw it, but I couldn’t read it.”

“Huh?”

Bina opened the notebook but quickly realized why.

Everything she wrote was in Korean.

“Oh!”

Obviously, Lucretius couldn’t understand a word. Bina sighed in relief.

“Good. So you failed at attempting to read my diary.”

Lucretius grinned. “I guess.”

Bina put down the diary on her side table confidently. This must have been why spies used codes.

Still smiling, Lucretius asked, “Will you teach me your language?”

“Why?’

At an unexpected question, Bina looked up at him. Suddenly, she narrowed her eyes.