Epilogue 3.1

A few months before the empress gave birth to Princess Beatrice, Princess Liliana’s wedding took place.

Bina wanted to attend the event, but it was impossible. She was heavily pregnant at the time and the emperor and the empress were only allowed to attend their own children’s weddings and no other.

Bina instead visited Liliana’s quarters before the wedding to give her a wedding present in person.

Bina felt sad at Liliana’s departure. On top of that, Liliana was also taking her two younger sisters with her. Liliana and Clodys were both raising Roselia and Margaret and they were only too happy to take them into his home.

One of the reasons Liliana wanted to keep her sisters near her was because of the impending birth of Bina’s child. Although they were pardoned for their mother Katleyanira’s treason, the castle was still a dangerous place for the princesses who were still in line for the throne. They could be considered a threat to the newborn heir.

In addition, Roselia was engaged to the prince of Genoa. In a few years, she would leave Cransia and Liliana wanted to keep her near as long as possible.

After the wedding, Liliana became the new Marchioness Toruka.

The next time she visited the castle was two months after Bina gave birth.

***

“Welcome, Princess.”

Bina smiled brightly and greeted Liliana. She bowed respectfully and replied, “Please call me Marchioness.”

“… Of course. Thank you for coming, Marchioness.”

Bina understood why Liliana emphasized her changed title. She smiled gently and took her hand to lead her into the baby’s room.

The new princess’ room was inside Bina’s personal bedroom. Inside Bina’s room were messy with numerous baby toys and a crib.

Liliana’s eyes widened. “You created the princess’ room within your own chamber?”

Bina smiled awkwardly. “Yes. Everyone told me this was not the royal way, but… I decided to do it my way. This is how things are done in my homeland.”

“I… see.”

Liliana looked around the familiar empress’ room, which used to belong to her mother Katleyanira. It looked so different now. Katleyanira had three children, and she has never allowed them to stay in her room. Not even her precious twin brother who died at a young age.

High born ladies always had nannies to take care of their children. They also never breastfed them. The goal for the ladies was to recover quickly from childbirth and prepare for the next pregnancy as soon as possible.

Bina was doing the opposite.

Bina took the crying baby from the crib.

“My baby. My Trice. What’s wrong, honey?”

The baby princess whined for a short while, but Bina could calm her down quickly. Bina smiled and showed the baby to Liliana, who exclaimed, “Princess has your highness’ black hair.”

Bina looked at her baby lovingly and replied, “Her eyes look just like his highness’.”

The black-haired and green-eyed princess was so young yet already showed unusual intelligence. Knowing the emperor and the empress, Liliana knew that this princess would be very smart.

She complimented her. “She will grow to be a beauty just like you, your highness.”

Bina’s eyes widened and shook her head empathically.