Fifty Four

“You are so beautiful, your highness!”

“How lovely!”

Samantha and the other maids had me stand in front of the mirror and exclaimed. It was embarrassing, but… Even I thought I looked good.

I could understand this was very important. Cransia was the biggest and the most powerful kingdom in this world. As the only wife of the emperor, how I looked mattered. A lot.

This world’s best makeup, fashion, and skincare were applied to me as the pride of Cransia. Day after day, ever since I arrived at this castle, the conditions of my skin and hair improved greatly. My skin was porcelain smooth and my hair shined naturally.

Looking the way I looked now, it was possible even my own family in Korea may not recognize me.

I was horrible at accepting compliments, but I thought perhaps this time, they were right. I tried murmuring it out loud.

“I… I look beautiful…”

I got goosebumps! Humbleness was so deeply ingrained in me it felt so uncomfortable. I blushed in mortification.

Objectively speaking, I did look better. It was a good transformation.

My hair was decorated stunningly with white flowers, pearls, and diamonds. Elza carefully chose a dress I wore during the coronation celebration. It was an ombre dress with the darkest indigo on top and got lighter as it flowed down. Whenever I moved, it looked like an ocean wave at night.

It was such a beautiful color I didn’t have to wear many pieces of jewelry. I wore a simple necklace made of diamonds and pearls but didn’t wear any bracelets or earrings.

Elza complimented me, “You look like Orestita, the goddess of the night!”

I couldn’t take any more flattery, so I changed the subject quickly.

“I think it’s time to go. The emperor must be waiting.”

“Oh my! That’s true!”

“Let’s get going!”

All the maids started to move fast, but I still didn’t see Lisbeth anywhere. Where did she go? Did she return to her room to cry?

When I was about to ask one of the maids to find her, the door opened slowly and a familiar figure walked in.

“…”

“…”

“…”

The room became silent with tension.

Lisbeth smiled brightly like a blooming rose and announced.

“Thank god. You haven’t left yet.”

I didn’t have to see the other maids’ faces to know what they looked like. I knew they probably looked like my own horrified expression.

Lisbeth didn’t seem to notice as she continued to smile shyly.

I murmured rigidly.

“I see that you changed your outfit.”

“Yes, your highness.”

Lisbeth looked completely different than an hour ago. Her hair, makeup, and clothes were all new. She shined like a beautiful rose.

Her dress… It was a pretty dark blue dress.

“…”

Everyone was thinking the same thing except for Lisbeth. Anyone with half a brain should have been able to read the room, but not Lisbeth. She must have felt the cold stares, but it was clear she didn’t understand why. She looked at me as if she was being treated unfairly.