Forty Two

Crash!

Beautifully decorated porcelain cup smashed with a sharp noise.

What a waste. This was the fourth cup already. My face crumpled in displeasure.

Samantha and Agnes’s expressions were more vicious. The Loventis sisters looked downright hostile.

Luis finally couldn’t stand it. Luis was known to be a stickler even to her own sister.

She yelled sharply, “Lady Lisbeth!”

Lisbeth’s large blue eyes filled with tears.

“I, I’m… so… sorr…”

Her voice trembled so wretchedly she couldn’t finish her sentence. However, no one felt sorry for her in this room.

It had been four days since Lisbeth became my maid. In those four days, she destroyed countless plates and decorations.

Four cups, five to six plates, and a large glass vase. She even damaged a couple of my jewelry.

They all belonged to the royal family and, therefore, were of the highest qualities. They were such priceless items I felt like we should charge the Duke of Aeal.

I sighed loudly. The principle maid in waiting and the other maids’ eyes sharpened. I could understand why they would be frustrated.

As the maids of the royal family, their work was never physical or hard. They all came from influential noble families and, therefore, weren’t expected to slave away.

Real works like laundry, cleaning, and dishes were done by servants who were born commoners. The maids only had to serve what the servants prepared to me. The servants worked under the maids themselves.

For example, the servants would clean the dishes and arrange the food on the plates. All the maids had to do was bring the plate to me and sit with me while I ate.

Sometimes maids brewed the teas themselves, but as the newest member, Lisbeth was given the easiest of the duties. For the last four days, all she had to do was hand the items to Agnes or Samantha. However, she couldn’t even do that. She kept dropping fragile things on the floor.

Every time she made a mistake, she would just cry. None of the maids had any sympathy for her stupidity and uselessness.

Luis frowned and yelled, “Just spit it out!”

“I, I… I’m…!”

Lisbeth’s voice trembled violently. In fact, her entire body was shaking.

I remembered how things were when I was in Aeal colony. Lisbeth was the precious princess of the Bonafit family. As the only daughter, she was spoiled rotten. She had never known any kind of hardship in her life.

However, this wasn’t Aeal colony, and her people did not surround Lisbeth.

Luis’ voice was cold as ice.

“Wipe your tears first! As her highness’s maid, your duties are very easy! All you have to do is to hand her highness cups and plates then help her get dressed! A five-year-old should be able to do this! How is it that you are failing at such simple tasks!? And why do you keep crying!”

“… I, I’m… so…”

Lisbeth’s blue eyes were now filled with tears. She could barely speak at all.

Suddenly, someone jumped into Lisbeth’s rescue as if Lisbeth was a cub and she was her mother lion.

It was Orlean who glared at me and screamed, “Lady Lisbeth is the only daughter of the Duke of Aeal. She was raised as a proper lady and so it is natural she doesn’t know how to do things like this!”