Sixty Seven

Lucretius laughed hysterically.

“Hahahaha!!”

He seemed to truly enjoy this situation. As his laughter rang throughout my room, I laid in my bed helplessly. I had no energy and my headache was getting worse.

“Don’t… laugh.”

“But it’s so funny! How could I not laugh?”

I scowled crossly.

“It’s… all… thanks to you!”

He grinned and got close to me. His face was right in front of mine as he whispered, “What do you mean? This all happened because you were being stupid.”

“…”

I had nothing to say because it was true.

It was my silly plan that caused me to get cold like this.

I had a fever, my head ached, and my throat was sore.

By the end of that day I had the ridiculous tea party at the garden, Samantha brought Lowson to me and I was diagnosed with a severe cold. I was given some medication to take for two days.

The worst thing was that the maids and the servants who followed me to the garden all became sick too. I felt so guilty.

I wanted to scream at him.

I know! I know how stupid I was! So stop it!

He opened his mouth and I knew he would make fun of me again. Luckily, he couldn’t because Samantha walked in with my medicine.

Everyone became sick except for Samantha. She was such a strong lady. She deserved my respect.

Samantha bowed to Lucretius lightly and approached me with the medicine.

When she was about to open the medicine bottle, Lucretius stopped her.

“I will feed it to her myself.”

“Yes, your highness.”

Samantha politely stepped back, but I complained quickly, “I can do it myself.”

He goaded me with an annoying reply. “You have no choice.”

“What do you mean? I am telling you I will take it myself.”

He shook his head.

“No, I won’t allow it.”

I was so sick of this ‘allowing’ business!

I screamed at him, “What is there to not allow?! At this rate, it sounds like I can’t even get sick without your permission?!”

My throat was so sore and dry, and I started to cough after my outburst.

Samantha quickly brought me a cup of water and helped me to drink it. She was such a good caretaker.

I glared at Lucretius who grinned at me ominously. This was not good.

He replied to me, “You’re correct. Who gave you permission to get sick?”

I couldn’t believe him.

“… What?”

At my sharp response, he got closer to me and whispered, “Every breath you take belongs to me, so how could you get sick without my permission?”

“…”

I got goosebumps. What was wrong with this man? He was so corny I couldn’t stand him!

I said to him, “My breath is my own, and my cold is mine as well!”