Chapter 12

"Argh!!! Why is this book so far away from my reach!", Zoey exclaimed as she tiptoed trying to reach for a book.

But just then she felt a hand hold her left hand gently as the other hand reached out for the book. To her surprise, she found Alexander attractive as he leaned forward for the book.

She watched how his Adam's apple moved up and down gently and her eyes trailed down to his neck, Zoey felt in a trance-like state as she trailed her fingers from his jawline to his throat to his neckline and then his collarbone which made him flinch.

"Stop...stop making this difficult for the both of us...",Alexander trailed off in his words as he gritted his teeth.

But she didn't listen, she continued to caress his collarbone and they both gazed at each other intensely, as their faces started to move closer together as they both anticipated in their minds a kiss but something happened to their surprise to see a woman in the mansion.

"Alexander?", a lady squeaked as she dropped her luggage on the floor.

Zoey turned her head to see a beautiful woman with red fiery hair with curls and her tight tiger print dress which exposes her curves and cleavage with pencil heels, Zoey felt intimidated because she only had muscles and she had a small built and wore baggy clothes which barely showed her cleavage.

"Wh...Who's this...?", Zoey asked as she slowly turned her head back to look at Alexander.

"Alex, how have you been baby?", the lady said as she ran to kiss Alex on both of his cheeks.

Zoey looked at the both of them confused and pushed Alex away and ran to her room. Alex dashed past the girl and tried to reach for Zoey but the girl pulled him back.

"Did you miss me, love?", she asked in her British accent.

"What are you doing here Sabrina?", he said pushing past her and walking to his office.

"Now, now honey...that's no way to talk to you're lover, now is it?", she said as she ran her hands on his back but he turned around and grabbed it and pushed her away.

"We are not a thing, to be honest... I don't even understand what I saw in you back then.", Alex said as he pinched the bridge of his nose and sat down on the sofa.

"Did you replace me with the young girl over there? Well... she looks a bit immature to me, I guess you've lost your taste.", Sabrina said as she sat next to him.

"What are you doing here?", Alex asked moving away from her and leaning forward.

"I need a place to crash for a few days sweetheart, I'm sure you won't mind...right...?Or ... I can let the press know about your little blood-sucking secret with your mysterious new girl, babe.", Sabrina leaned in as she whispered this to his ear.

"Only three days, no more.", he said as he got up and walked away."And Sabrina...If you dare try to hurt her I will kill you myself."

" Understood, my love.", she said as she chuckled.

Meanwhile

Zoey kept pacing around her room confused and embarrassed in her room as she bit her lip.

"What the hell was I doing in there to him just now...?", she muttered under her breath."His breathing...his skin...his muscles..."

She jumped on her bed embarrassed and started to flail around making soundless screams.

"But who was that girl...?", she said in a quiet voice feeling dejected.

Just then she heard a knock on the door.

(Could that be Damien...?), she thought to herself as she opened the door slowly but to her surprise, it wasn't.

"O...oh...hi there!", Zoey said in an insecure but welcoming voice to Sabrina.

"Hello there, I just wanted to say hi to my new neighbor.", Sabrina said as she hugged Zoey and Zoey hugged her back.

"Oh! Nice to meet you, I'm Zoey and you are...?", she asked querying.

"Sabrina will do just fine. So how long have you been staying here for?", Sabrina asked as she pulled away from the embrace.

"Uhm...Just a few days!", Zoey said as she wavered her hands around.

(This girl... is so insecure...what does Alex even see in her...?), Sabrina thought to herself.

"Ah yes! Also, I'm so sorry for intruding on your moment with Alex.", Sabrina said as she barged herself into Zoey's room.

"O-oh...about that I'm so sorry...I felt like y'all had business to catch up on and that I was intruding.", Zoey said as she mumbled and fumbled around with her fingers.

"Well, I should get going, take care, Zoey.", she said as she dashed Zoey and walked out of the room.

"Take care too, Sabrina...",Zoey said as she waved to her with a plastered smile till Sabrina was finally out of sight." Argh...What a swine", she said as she rolled her eyes and slammed the door.

Zoey knew about these types of people and she hated them to the bone. She called them 'The Swines', the one's who get paranoid and make it seem like they have a certain man who loves the but the man doesn't and they just make other people's lives miserable. Zoey read enough books and watched enough movies to know about these people, in her eyes...they were 'pathetic'.

Zoey wasn't planning on stealing anyone's man...but...she couldn't understand why she was so caught up in him. She never felt attraction so strong as this, all she could think about was his heavy, labored breathing, and his beautiful hypnotizing eyes that looked like whirlpools.

All she could imagine was his skin against hers as she danced across the room, she could feel goosebumps as she thought about how she sat on his lap and played with his hair and how later on, she played with his skin and she led her fingers to feel free and trail over him. This wasn't her, she wasn't used to this, but she didn't know there would be such a disaster before actually knowing him, or should we say... Sabrina...his ex-girlfriend. Her heart wasn't prepared for what was to come.