Chapter 18

"ZOEY! WAIT!", she heard a voice stopping her.

Zoey's eyes widened in shock to see that Alexander Griffin was running after her, with beads of sweat running down his brow and his heavy breathing. He came like a storm, he looked desperate. It took her a while to come to her senses, but that wasn't enough, she was still confused about why he was there.

"Wha...what are you doing here-", she said before he could grab her forearm, pulling her close to his chest.

"Keep quiet. Don't say anything...I...I can't do this without you...Before...it was too late to realize how I feel deep down inside.", he said and he hugged her and gently caressed her hair."I'm also sorry for believing her over you. I found out what happened...Please stay with me, Zoey.."

Zoey was left speechless, she placed both her arms against his chest, trying to create room between them, but he held her wrist in one hand and held her waist with another.

"W..we..-"

She was cut off as he took his ice-cold palms and placed them on both sides of her face and kissed her deeply.

"I love you, Zoey.", he said with desperation in his eyes.

"What...-"

"You don't have to answer now...but...", his voice trailed off as he knelt at the feet of his 'Queen'."Would you like to move in with me?"

She clasped her hands in shock, "Get up! I- I'll move in, just get up please..you're embarrassing me...", she mumbled under her breath as she blushed furiously.

A few days later

Zoey woke up groggy as ever, last night she played games with Alexander and thought him the games of this generation up till late in the night. Even though she thought him the game and he was learning, he ended up winning every game like he was a pro, and it made her furious. She got off the bed and looked in the mirror.

"Great...Full doodles on my face...", she said as she huffed but then laughed to herself.

(It's been such a long time since I've had this much fun with anyone after mom...past away...and dad buried himself in work to be strong for me, to show he wasn't affected by her death or that's what he had thought. Would mom be happy?), Zoey thought to herself as she started to play with her hair, but was soon disturbed from her thoughts as soon as she heard a knock on her room door.

"Yes...?", she said as she opened the door but to see Alexander standing there with a thin robe that had exposed his hardcore muscles.

She slammed the door on his face in shock as her face went beat red. She opened the door again trying her bed to seem nonchalant.

"Yes Alexander?", she asked in a monotone voice.

"There's no need to hide your shock. I work out love. It's a normal thing that is healthy to do. I can read your emotions, your face is beat red.", he said as he ruffled her hair and left her with no time to say anything.

She was left speechless but she soon rushed up to him and pulled him close by.

"Is there anything wrong, dear?", he asked as he caressed her face.

"I have my answer for you...", she muttered under her breath.

"I love you too!", she yelled as she kissed him on the cheek and ran away back into her room.

He started to chuckle to himself, she was quiet for the whole breakfast because she was embarrassed but all he could do was stare into her beautiful eyes. The same ones that had entrapped him over and over again.

"Is there anything on my face that you are staring so hard at me...?", she asked quietly.

"Nope but I got a surprise for you today.", Alexander said as he wiped his mouth which made her stare at his lips continuously until something he said caught her attention.

"WHAT?!", she shouted after choking on her pure orange juice.

"I'm going to show you how I work out, you have no choice but to come with me.", he stated, being unfazed.

She started to stutter as her face was red with embarrassment which made her look like a tomato.

"All you have to do is just get dressed love and use something comfortable, because... you're going to be sweating.", he said as he whispered the last parts in her ear, winked at her as he smirked sinisterly, and walked away but stopped in his tracks as he went back to kiss her, leaving her embarrassed.

All Damien could do was hold his laughter back as he followed Alexander before turning back, "Sorry Zoey, he's strict!", he said as he eventually laughed and walk with Alex.

She huffed. ( So much for friends), she thought to herself as she started to pout.

Alexander reached his office as Damien followed and their faces and their mood changed into serious as Damien closed the door behind them.

"I've asked Mac to spy on her father, since she has no other relatives or family, Mr. Griffin.", he said as kept standing and kept his stare focused on the wall behind Alexander.

"What did you find on her father?", Alexander asked as he exhaled in distress as he clasped his hands together in a demanding position.

(Please...don't let it be what I think it is...), Alexander thought to himself in fear and worry.

"So, her mother, nor her family is anywhere in the picture. The father is a normal person but...",Damien's voice trailed off.

"What?", Alex asked as he started to pinch the bridge of his nose.

"He is a vampire hunter."

Alex's body went cold. "I don't get it, what do you mean?"

"The whole lineage of the Griffin's has been hunted and killed by one specific person. Mr. Smith. If the father is a normal human being, that means that...Zoey's mother was The Great Queen Mary descendant, and I highly doubt that Zoey knows about this. What should we do?", Damien asked as he started to hold his hands behind his back.

"Leave me be.", Alex said causing Damien to nod his head and leave the room closing the door.

But Alexander was left speechless. (If ...the mother was a Queen Mary descendant...how did Zoey's father not catch on to that?), Alex thought to himself. He started to overthink everything, but one thought that had run over and over in his mind...'Was Zoey also a vampire hunter? And was all of this a lie just to kill me?'

Just then he heard a knock on the door and opened it in annoyance, "Damien I told you to...", but his voice trailed off.

He had seen that it was not Damien that was standing by the door, but it was Zoey, herself.

A/N: Uh-oh, what do you think he would do now...?