Chapter 79

"Run.", Alex growled at Zoey.

"No, I'm not leaving you, we are going to get through this, okay?", Zoey stated as she tried to remain calm and wiped away the beads of sweat that fell on his forehead.

"Zoey...you need to get out of here.... The smell of your blood...", Alex grunted as he tried to sit up. "My senses are picking up quickly..."

"How is that possible?", Zoey asked in fear.

"I don't understand....I'm not supposed to feel thirsty for your blood unless you're human.", Alex stated as his features started to change.

"It's okay, I'm going to stay here with you no matter what, okay?", Zoey stated.

"Just call Damien and lock yourself in the bathroom!", Alex snapped at Zoey as his eye color changed into red and his fangs were exposed. "Protect our baby.", Alex stated as his voice became hoarse.

Zoey's eyes widened and remembered, she quickly grabbed a pair of sneakers along with her clothes and her cell phone, running straight into the bathroom. She changed quickly as she dialed Damien's number.

"Hello? Hello?", Damien answered.

"Damien! Alex isn't feeling well! Something is wrong with him. I don't know what to do.", Zoey cried over the phone frantically.

"Hey, hey. Start slowly, name everything that is wrong with him.", Damien said as he tried to calm Zoey.

Zoey took careful breaths.

"He's transforming into a vampire, but his body is heating up and I don't know what to do.", Zoey stated. "He looks sick."

"Y'all went to the party, right?", Damien questioned.

"Yes.", Zoey stated.

"Did you see him consuming anything at all, even if it's a glass of wine or anything at all?", Damien asked.

Zoey remembered right after Alex and her split parts, he drank something.

"Yes! He did! He drank champagne.", Zoey exclaimed.

"Whatever you do, make sure that you stay far away from him, it's dangerous if one vampire feeds off another, he won't be able to get your scent but if he sees you, he will recognize that you are a vampire because his communication with you has heightened.", Damien said. "Whatever they put in the drinks, it's to make sure that vampires would be exposed, but since he is of a higher class of vampires, the process would be slower but also make sure he doesn't go outside."

"Understood.", Zoey stated and realized everything was dead silent. "I'll call you later.", Zoey whispered as she could hear Damien protesting.

Zoey slowly opened the door and walked through the passage and into the bedroom to find Alex missing.

"Oh no....", She muttered under her breath.

Just then, she could feel goosebumps rising on the back of her neck and quickly dodged Alex.

"Alex.... You don't want to do this.", She stated but she realized that he was completely gone.

Alex jumped on her and she managed to tackle him down as she placed her knee on her back and held both his arms behind his back. He started to snarl and tried to wriggle his way out of her grip. Zoey closed her eyes slowly as she tried to control her powers.

"Sleep.", Zoey demanded, and immediately, Alex got knocked out.

Zoey sighed in relief and got off him and picked up her cell phone to call Damien but just then Alex jumped on her and pinned her to the ground.

"Alex! It's me!", Zoey shouted but Alex kept trying to bite her.

Zoey quickly kicked Alex off her and ran to the kitchen and took out a couple of knives and held it between her fingers. She aimed it and Alex and she missed her mark, Alex kept dodging it. So Zoey decided to take two knives and used the first one for him to dodge and the other one to hit him. As soon as it hit Alex, she ran straight into him and jumped on him, and started to punch him. Alex quickly found a weak spot and hit her and tumbled with her, he was about to bite her neck and frowned. He began to change back to normal slowly as he saw Zoey's eyes glowing brightly.

"Are you okay...?", Zoey asked quietly.

Alex nodded. He pulled up Zoey's t-shirt a little to check her stomach.

"I'm so sorry...are you in any pain?", Alex asked with a mixture of anxiety and sadness.

"I'm okay, don't worry.", Zoey assured Alex, but he didn't buy it.

Instead, Alex picked up Zoey and carried her in bridal style to their bed. Alex was about to leave but Zoey grabbed his arm quickly and pulled him to sleep next to her. She turned on her side to face him.

"You got poisoned. How are you feeling now?", Zoey asked softly.

"Much better...", Alex stated as he wrapped his arms around Zoey's stomach and slept a bit lower than her." I'm really sorry....", Alex apologized to Zoey like a lost puppy.

"Hey, hey. Babe. it's okay, you didn't hurt me or the baby.", Zoey stated as she gestured for him to sleep next to her properly and he did so.

"I think there's something we need to talk about.", Alex stated as he sat straight.

Zoey was confused by his sudden change of attitude and sat up too.

"What's wrong?", Zoey asked.

"When I was in that state...and when I saw your eyes, I felt like a certain amount of my strength and powers was being taken away. I think it has something to do with Queen Mary.", Alex stated.

"I felt like I was getting stronger too...", Zoey stated. "But where are you getting at?"

"What if we're going about all of this the wrong way? What if...the answer to all of our solutions was right in front of us?", Alex stated. "You see, there was something I read in my father's journal as he tried to take Queen Mary's blood. He said that only the vampires of the highest ranking and the Royal descendant of Queen Mary's blood can meet."

"Are you saying us being together was meant to happen?", Zoey asked.

"That seems like so by the looks of it. But I think that Queen Mary was the highest rankings of all vampires and that's how my father died because he drank her blood.", Alex said.

"Wait...then how are you still alive even though you drank of my blood in the past?", Zoey questioned.

"I don't know.", Alex said.

"It kind of makes sense why you were sick, I think that was Sabrina's blood, what if your father was sick like that?", Zoey stated.

"That's highly possible. I don't think we'll ever have a proper understanding of this unless we go to The City of the Foreigns.", Alex shrugged.

"And...exactly what is that?", Zoey asked.

"Your kingdom, Your Majesty.", Alex stated.