Chapter 38

"Good job.", Zoey said as she threw her head back.

"Thanks! These men don't know what we're capable of.", the girl said.

(Her voice sounds familiar...), Zoey thought to herself.

Zoey looked back at the girl and frowned while tilting her head to one side. Her eyes widened in surprise to see the resemblance.

"I'm Alexandra, but people just call me Alexa, what about you? What's your name?", Alexa asked as she smiled warmly at Zoey.

Zoey was shocked but soon regained her posture.

"I'm Zoey, nice to meet you.", Zoey stated as she shook Alexa's hand.

But before Zoey could pull her hand back, Alexa tugged on her hand gently as she looked at the ring on her finger and then back at Zoey confused.

"Uhm...Is something wrong?", Zoey asked awkwardly.

"No...nothing is wrong. Would you like to meet up at a restaurant?", Alexa asked Zoey as she gave her brightest and warmest smile ever.

"Sure...?", Zoey answered.

The two girls exchanged their phone numbers and went their own ways.

.

.

.

"Hey, Alex?", Zoey called his name as soon as she went to their room.

"Yes?", Alex answered.

"I found a girl today...she looks identical to you...", Zoey said as she started to undress and change into her house clothes.

"Oh?", was the only thing Alex could say.

"Her full name is Alexandra but her short form is-"

"Alexa...", Alex cut in, as he was lost in his thoughts.

"She's your twin, isn't she?", Zoey questioned as she went to bed.

"Yes, how do you know?", Alex asked as he was dumbstruck.

"Alex... I have two eyes to see! It's obvious...don't you think? And also, why didn't you tell me you had a sister?", Zoey asked as she leaned in closer to Alex for his warmth.

"Because...I thought she was dead.", Alex stated in a low voice as he pulled Zoey toward his chest and kissed her.

"How?"

"Vampire hunter.", Alex stated dryly.

"Was it my..."

"No, don't worry. As long as Alexa's alive, I'm happy. I've really missed her.", Alex said before he could sigh. "I can't believe she didn't come to me though!", Alex exclaimed, making Zoey laugh.

"She invited me for lunch.", Zoey said.

"Zoey... I think you should be a bit careful though...Something doesn't feel right about this picture.", Alex stated.

"Don't worry, you should know by now, that your woman can take good care of herself.", Zoey added playfully.

"Come here my little clever kitten.", Alex stated as he started to tickle her, which made her burst out in laughter.

The next day

"I'm so sorry, I hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long.", Zoey stated as she dropped her bag down on the opposite seat of Alexa and sat down.

"It's okay, don't worry. I just came now too.", Alexa stated as she started to laugh. "This place is beautiful.", Alexa added as she took a glimpse of the environment she was in.

"This is the best restaurant to ever eat in, trust me.", Zoey stated as she took her seat.

"So, I'm guessing that you're the type of person to get straight to the point, am I right?", Alexa asked.

"Yes, and I think you know who I am, especially when you looked at my ring.", Zoey answered unfazed.

"I want to tell you congrats! He seems a bit cold-hearted but I think you already noticed that he can be loving.", Alexa said before she could order her meal. "What would you like to eat, Zoey?"

"Uhm...I think I'd just have a glass of water.", Zoey answered her, making Alexa nod at the waitress.

"You seem like a nice person, Zoey. I wish that we'd met under different circumstances though...", Alexa trailed off.

"What's that supposed to mean?", Zoey asked as her eyebrows furrowed.

"I can easily tell when one is of royal blood. But there's a secret that my father did not know, the reason why he died and why Alex is going to end up dying too.", Alexa stated.

Zoey's eyes widened in surprise and confusion as her heart thumped out of her chest rapidly.

"A...Alex...Is dying...?", Zoey questioned as tears started to fill the corner of her eyes.

Alexa just nodded.

"You're gift is killing him."

"I don't get it, how is it killing him? You just appear all of a sudden and tell me some news like this!", Zoey exclaimed as she was on the verge of raising her voice.

"After you started to use your gift, I don't know if you noticed this, but Alex would have gotten sick. After your gift is exposed to a vampire of our kind, the vampire dies, but it takes time. Zoey... Alex is having a slow death right now.", Alexa stated as she tried to calm Zoey down. "I'm not asking you to leave him, I have no right to ask that of you, but if you love him...please consider your options more carefully.", Alexa stated before she grabbed her bag and walked away, leaving Zoey all alone, lost in her thoughts.

.

.

.

Zoey decided to ring the doorbell one last time before she left, the person on the other side of the door, finally opened it.

"Hey Lily...do you have some time to talk right now?", Zoey asked Lily as she tightened her grip on the bag.

"Sure!"

.

.

.

"Wait...Let me get this straight...he is a vampire?! And you're his queen and also the Midnight Owl?", Lily exclaimed in surprise and squealed in excitement. " Damn...it already feels like I'm living in a drama movie!"

"It's not funny Lily...And you can't tell anyone! Promise?", Zoey begged.

Zoey wasn't sure of what to do, so she decided that it would have been best to visit her friend and ask for advice, Zoey would have asked her father, but he would have been busy.

"Not even Dante?", Lily asked as she threw her puppy eyes to Zoey.

"No! Not even him too!", Zoey exclaimed. "Maybe this was all a bad idea.."

"No, no, it's not! I'm just shocked. In fact, I'm speechless. Let me make some coffee for you, I know it's your favorite!", Lily stated as she ran off into the kitchen.

Zoey's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. For one, Lily knew that she loved tea, not coffee. Second, her attitude was different. Zoey walked slowly behind Lily to see what was going on, she couldn't get a good angle to see from behind her, so she quickly crossed over swiftly taking cover behind another wall, to see Lily adding something weird inside Zoey's coffee.

"Hey Lily?", Zoey called out. "You know that I like tea more than coffee.", Zoey added.

Just then, Lily stopped mixing the ingredients together and turned around holding a knife in her free hand and smiling at Zoey.

"Oops."

A/N: Hi guys, please don't forget to like, subscribe and vote! Thank you!