Chapter 53

Zoey's Pov

I leaned in with my head in my hands with was against the desk. I used one hand to play with my pen. What the hell is wrong with him? One minute he's okay, the next minute he's so cruel! I wonder how Damien managed to deal with this crap, I feel sorry for him now. Oh shit! Damien! I forgot about him and Alexa, I need to find him quickly.

Just then, the alarm on my cell phone rang. Good. It was finally time to go home! I started to pack everything quickly and silently after my long day of work, avoiding my husband, heh. As soon as I finished I held my bag and stretched my arms out while walking to the elevator, yawning.

Just before I could press the employee's elevator button, I saw an arm reaching from behind me and pressing the button. I turned around in shock to see that it was Alex. What the hell does he want from me now?

I internally groaned in frustration, anger, and tiredness. This is one shitty day... He looked straight ahead, not daring to meet my gaze. As soon as the elevator doors opened, I went inside, and he followed me too, just before the elevator doors could close I left quickly. I started to burst out into laughter and decided to take the stairs instead. I instantly regretted it, even though I might be a vampire, I'm still a woman! I looked at the flight of stairs that awaited me.

"Oh come on!", I yelled in anger.

After twenty-five minutes, I finally reached the door, I opened it, and there he was. My husb- I mean boss now...leaning against his car with a bright smirk playing on his lips as he watched me exit the building. My fringe was now glued to my forehead and my hair was in a super untidy ponytail. How much worse can this even get?!

I rolled my eyes at him and walked passed him. I could hear him follow me behind until his hand finally reached my arm, pulling me around, bumping into his chest, he had his hands wrapped around my waist to prevent me from falling.

I squinted at him in annoyance, but it didn't help. He was just amused.

"I hate you, you know that right?", I huffed out, I finally regained my energy and pushed him away, and he let me go. "What do you want Mr. Griffin?", I said as I started to walk away.

"Let me give you a ride home.", he stated.

My eyes widened before I could even respond. My dad's memories are gone too, if he sees Alex...he'll kill him! I turned around quickly.

"No thank you, sir! I'm perfectly capable of going home by myself!", I exclaimed which made him shocked at my sudden reaction.

He quickly regained his posture and took one step closer to me. I didn't move, instead, I stood my ground.

"What if I say no?", he asked confidently.

"I don't need a man, just a job.", I said before I could walk away.

"If you insist, I just wanted to make it up to you by buying you some dinner.", he said.

Does he think I'm dumb? He tried gaslighting me with food. I would instantly say yes if the circumstances were different, but right now, he's my boss, not my husband... and he's stuck up and arrogant as hell!

"Well...", I trailed off as I took one step closer. "I guess I will have to miss out on that precious offer of yours.", I added.

He kept quiet and his eyes were focused elsewhere.

"Hello?", I said in annoyance.

He ignored me and pulled me close to his chest and against the wall suddenly, which left me stunned. I started to blush and I tried my best to hide it well.

"S-Sir...you're being unpro-"

"Shush. If the reporters see your face, you'll be on the news tomorrow. And I'm pretty sure that you're the type of woman who didn't come to work for me for fame.", he stated.

"Okay...", I said as I groaned in annoyance, I wasn't annoyed at him. I was annoyed at the fact that I couldn't stop blushing.

We stood there for a couple of minutes, with his breath fanning over me and me trying to control my emotions for this man. 'Calm down Zoey...He doesn't remember you...don't do anything weird.', I sang a mantra for myself in my mind. I tried to avoid his eyes and look elsewhere. 'Your husband is lost somewhere in that mind of his, but he's not that man right now.', I constantly repeated to myself.

"What...?", Alex said as he started to frown at me and he tilted his head.

'Oh crap.', I thought to myself. 'Did I say that aloud?

"Yes, you did.", he said.

"What Mr. Griffin? Are you okay? You've been acting strange lately?", I stated.

"You said your husband is lost in me somewhere-"

 "I don't understand what you are talking about. If you don't mind, I think it's best if we both leave and go our separate ways. It's...unethical for us to stay like this.", I stated as I tried to hide the regret in my voice.

'It's too soon for him to find out...I need to sort everything out before I do this.', I thought to myself. ' I need to find Damien.'

"I apologize Miss Griff- Mis Smith, you're free to go.", he stated as he backed away from me.

Did he just call me something else now...?

He waited for me to leave and so I did.

I decided to take a shortcut so it would be faster to go home, even though it was a dangerous one.

"Hey, baby! Do you wanna crash at my place?", a drunken man stated as he followed behind me.

I wasn't really scared of them, they were just really annoying. Especially him, I think he was around 40 years old... and he started to compliment my features.

I clenched my jaws and my fists curled into balls. He was really making me angry. Just then, he grabbed my arm and pulled me to face him. I stood my ground and used my other hand to break his grip on my arm.

"Shit! Guys get her now!", the man yelled at the others.

I kicked him in the stomach which caused him to fall back. I took of my heels and bag and left them behind me.

"Here we go.", I stated.

I slapped the first man to attack me, grabbed his arm, and balanced myself as I kicked the other guys who were about to land a punch at me and broke the man's arm I was holding. I could hear a loud scream behind me, I didn't see this guy coming. He had a knife and was about to stab me. I flinched and closed my eyes shut. 'Maybe this is it...I'm sorry I couldn't fulfill my promise to you Alex...', I thought to myself. But I opened my eyes slowly to see the man groaning in pain kneeling on the ground, my eyes traveled up to see who was holding his arm that was now broken.

My eyes met his.

A/N: Who do you think the mystery man is?