Chapter 22

"STOP DAD!", she yelled from the top of her lungs as she covered Alex from the next stab.

"Zoey...?What are you doing here?", Leo asked her in confusion as he stopped before he could stab her and dropped the silver knife." You're not supposed to be here!", he yelled at her.

"And your not allowed to kill him.", she demanded as her eyes glowed mysteriously.

"Zoey, he is manipulating you. He always has, and that's what they will always do!", he yelled at her.

"Zoey...get out...don't try to help me..", Alex said as he tried to get up but he couldn't.

"No...I'm not leaving you like this...", she stated as she put pressure on his wound to stop his bleeding tears welled up and she then turned to her father. "Dad...please help...me...", she pleaded.

"Do this yourself, and don't bother coming back home.", he said before walking away.

"Dad!!!", she yelled as she tried to hide her cry to seem strong for Alex.

"Hey...Zoey...I'm okay...", Alex said as he gently caressed her cheek with his bloody hands which started to get cold and tremble.

"Shut up! I know you're not.....", she said as she leaned into his hand.

"I...I lo-", he said before she could stop him.

"Hey, just focus on me, you're going to live, I'm going to bring you in, and you're going to be perfectly fine. Okay?", she said as she tried to pull him up slowly but he groaned in extreme pain which made her put him back down gently and put her forearm to cover her mouth as she cried.

"I- 'm going to get you out of this Alex! Please....just bare with me and trust me...I'll be right back!", She said as she made a run for the house but was soon pulled back by his little strength left.

"Keep quiet and listen to me, Zoey...I love you. I found interest in you as soon as I saw you in that alley, you're the first woman that I've met who is so fearless of vampires, who loves everything and everyone, no matter how they are. You're the first person who didn't run after my money.", he said as he gave off a dry chuckle.

"I want you to move on and be happy. I don't want you to remember any of this. You're too pure for this world...too pure for me...You'll get hurt if you continue to be with me...I want you to give up your vigilante ways, for me, just this one promise....okay...?", he asked as he wiped a tear off her face as she nodded. "I love you...everything about you....You're so special and precious..."

"I love you more!", she burst out into tears as she hugged him but when she got off him, her heart never broke more than this.

He stopped moving, his eyes were closed. He looked peaceful.

'He's dead.'

Two weeks later

Zoey stretched out her arms in the sky as she woke up and then broke her neck, she got out of bed and brushed her teeth, had a bath, and brushed her long hair, which grew longer and became naturally straight.

Zoey looked at her wardrobe and changed into something comfortable since it was summer, so she wore shorts with long sleeves, and a loose white shirt. The house was silent as she made breakfast.

Just then, she felt a tight grip around her waist which made her jerk in shock until she realized it was Alexander, he hugged her tight and snuggles his face in her hair.

"Hey baby, did you get a good night's rest?", he asked as he held both of her arms and turned her around to face him.

"Of course I did, I slept like a rock!", she said as she put