Chapter 40

Alex's body stiffened up as he kept quiet and sat upright.

"Zoey...there's something I need to tell you.", Alex stated as Zoey hear the tremor in his voice.

"What's wrong?", Zoey asked as she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"The day I... bit you, you turned into a vampire and your powers awakened and became stronger.", Alex said as he looked into her eyes for a reaction.

"W-what...?", Zoey muttered under her breath as her eyes widened in shock.

"I-I'm sorry...I should have told you earlier...but-"

"No, you don't get to say that! This is my life, Alex!", Zoey exclaimed as she cut him off in anger and stood up. "How long did you know about this?", she asked as she clenched her fists tightly.

"When you left the house after the incident with Sabrina, you used your powers on me...", Alex's voice trailed off.

"Unbelievable...Just unbelievable! I can't believe that you wouldn't tell me something that carries such a huge impact on my life!", Zoey yelled at him from the top of her lungs while he kept his eyes on the floor and kept quiet. "How could you..."

"I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry love, I didn't want to lose you, I...", Alex's voice trailed off.

"We're dealing with this later, but right now....We need to find Lily and Dante.", Zoey demanded.

Alex simply nodded.

"I can't track their scents down...but I can ask someone who would.", Alex stated.

"Okay...", Zoey added in a quiet voice.

Alex was just about to leave to make a call but Zoey quickly grabbed his arm and turned him around, leaving him puzzled, confused, and speechless at her sudden move. Her heart started to pound because she didn't know what was next, Zoey didn't have all the steps planned out properly in her mind, she glanced at his lips and looked at his eyes which were currently gazing at her lips, so she kept her stare on his lips.

"I...", Her voice trailed off as she could hear Alex's heavy breathing.

Zoey tried her best to seem like she was in control but she couldn't, she pulled Alex down by the collar of his white shirt and she kissed him. At first, he did not respond to it, but then he wrapped one arm around her waist and another hand held the nape of her neck, leaning in for more of her passionate kisses, while she wrapped her arms around his neck, allowing him to carry her weight. They broke their rough kiss gently as they tried to catch their breath.

"You've really done it, Zoe... are you proud of yourself now...?", Alex asked roughly as his grip on her tightened but not tight enough to hurt her. "I'm really sorry for not telling you...I just-"

"Why don't you just shut up and kiss me?", Zoey demanded in a low voice.

"Yes, My Queen."

.

.

.

"Yes? She's asleep right now...Zoey's worried about her friends...Can you come here as soon as possible? Yes. Thank you.", Alex spoke softly on his cell phone not trying to wake up Zoey as he looked out the window at the view while he started to button up his shirt. Alex then felt warm hands being wrapped around his waist, unbuttoning his shirt, making him laugh in amusement.

"Love? What's wrong? Can't sleep?", he asked Zoey as she nuzzled her head on his back.

"Yes.", she admitted, making him turn around to carry her ad take her to bed, giving her a warm hug.

"Don't worry, he's coming here soon. And...from now onwards, I'll stop hiding secrets away from you.", Alex stated as he placed his gentle kisses all over Zoey's face, making her laugh.

"Wait ... who is 'he'?", Zoey questioned in confusion, making him smile in amusement.

"You'll see."

.

.

.

"Who is this guy we are waiting for?", Zoey questioned Alex as they waited outside the mansion.

"Mac will bring him, patience dear.", Alex stated as he ruffled her hair a bit.

Just then, a black SUV stopped right in front of the house. The first thing Zoey saw was black polished shoes that got out of the car first, she decided to look up to see who it finally was. Damion. Zoey gasped as her hands clasped over her mouth in shock and her eyes widened. She ran with all her might towards him and wrapped her arms tightly around him.

"Damion! Where were you?! I've missed you so much.", Zoey exclaimed as she punched him playfully making Alex laugh.

Damion looked at Alex first, and Alex nodded. Damion then wrapped his hands around Zoey and hugged her tightly.

"I've missed you too.", Damion said, smiling warmly and pulling away slowly. "Have you been training well?"

"Yes, I have! I also have so much of things to tell you! There's so much you've missed out on these past couple of months! Come, let's go! Shall I make coffee or tea?", Zoey asked as she dragged him into the mansion.

Alex chuckled at her smile and playfulness, Mac walked to Alex and stared at him in amazement.

"Wow... Mr. Griffin...you've really changed!", Mac exclaimed.

"I guess she changed me...", Alex stated as he gave Mac a warm smile and went inside.

"Wow...he never used to smile like that before!", Mac said to himself.

.

.

.

"So Zoey, do you have anything item of your friend Lily?", Damion asked her as he leaned forward in his seat.

"Yes...I think...I have her scarf in my room. Why?", she asked in confusion.

"I'm going to need it in order to track her scent down.", Damion admitted.

"Wait...what are you talking about?", Zoey questioned further, glancing at Alex too.

"I'll leave the two of you to it.", Alex said giving Zoey a quick kiss making her flush before he could leave the room.

"Ahem...What do you mean, 'track her scent'?", Zoey asked.

"Ah...I'm guessing he didn't tell you this...But I'm a werewolf...", Damion said as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

Zoey remained quiet though.

"What!", Zoey shouted from the top of her lungs causing everyone to flinch in the house.

A/N: For the werewolf lovers, I don't mean any harm by making Damion an 'Assistant', he is still the same loving character and will always be, there's no hierarchy between vampires and werewolves in this book.