Chapter 56

Zoey's Pov

Shit...shit shit shit. SHIT! Does she even remember me? I looked at her carefully but she just gave me an evil smile and walked into Alex's office like it was nothing. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Of course, she would do that! That's Sabrina for heaven's sake!

Just then, I got a call from an unknown number, I decided to walk by the employee's balcony and I took the call.

"Hello? Who is this?"

No answer.

"Look, I'm going to hang up if you have nothing to say, because I'm having a freaking crappy day!", I yelled at the phone.

"Wait, wait wait wait!", I heard from the other side of the phone.

"Huh...? Damien? Why are you calling me from an unknown number?", I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Because I lost your number.", he stated.

Sometimes he just reminds me of a lost pup. Adorable, really adorable. I chuckled lightly.

"Don't laugh!", he exclaimed from the other side of the phone.

"Ok, ok, but just make this call quick. My boss is acting like a devil right now.", I whispered as I checked to see if anyone was around. "And Sabrina is back too. She's currently in his office, sucking up to him.", I stated as I rolled my eyes.

"Understood. So, there is a party tonight.", he said.

"What does that have to do with me?", I asked in confusion.

"Alex is coming to the party and...his date is Sabrina. That's why Sabrina is most probably there today.", Damien said hesitantly. "Be my date."

"Why?", I asked rhetorically.

"Because I need you and Alex to get together as soon as possible before Sabrina remembers. Whenever you're around her, try to make sure you don't do repetitive things in the past, to make her remember you. And this is your chance to get revenge on Alex for him treating you badly!", he exclaimed.

Oh boy, this is not good. He seemed a bit more excited than AI should be.

"Got it. But...I don't know if I have the appropriate dress...", I said as my voice trailed off.

"That's when I come in. Leave work at 5 p.m.", Damien demanded.

"I don't think I'm going to get off so easily."

"Use your powers.", Damien said.

"I- I....I'll try..." I said softly.

"What's wrong Zoe...?", He asked gently.

"I just haven't used it in a long time. That's all!"

I lied. I have all my powers except that specific one.

Knowing that there was no use in pursuing this topic he changed it instead.

"Don't worry, if that doesn't work just text me. I'll be here for you.", he said which made me smile.

"Thanks, Damien.", I said before I could cut the call.

During Sabrina's stay, I tried my best to not talk to her and keep my head down. Especially when she called me for every petty thing. It took four hours for her to leave. I finally mustered up my courage to talk to Alex. He said come in and I opened the door slowly. I kept my posture stiff and held my head up high like the kiss never happened at all.

"I would like to leave at 5, sir.", I said as I tried to use my powers, but the flicker in my eyes went off and on.

"And why?", he asked in annoyance.

"Because I have to attend an important meeting with someone."

"Is he your date?", he asked cynically.

"Mr. Griffin, I'm pretty sure my love life has nothing to do with you. It's my matter and I'm a free woman to go out with whoever and whomever I want to."

There was silence.

"Now, I want to leave at 5 sir, if you don't mind.", I said as my eyes glowed again with full force.

Alex looked at me and smiled as he tilted his head to one side.

"No. I will not. And since you might have such a busy schedule, I suggest that you should know that you are my P.A. and that 70% of your time belongs to me, so I'm pretty sure that your date of yours don't mind waiting for a little while unless he has another girl to fill in your time.", Alex said as he put his pen down and took out his glasses.

"Well then sir, I guess I'll go back to work.", I said as I forced a smile on my face.

Before I could leave, he stopped me.

"Oh, and Miss Smith, take those stacks of paperwork and complete it before you leave tonight.", he said, I looked out the corner of my eye to see him smirk.

"No problem, Mr. Griffin.", I said with emphasis on his name.

'Damn, ten boxes....hah! He thinks he can stop me with ten boxes only!', I thought to myself.

I quickly remembered that he could hear my thoughts so I tried to stop thinking and started to cuss at him in my mind instead.

I tried to keep to a normal pace to make sure he wouldn't be suspicious of me. But speaking of that...it was weird how he wasn't able to give in to me. Was it because I didn't use my powers in a long time or is it because his powers are stronger than mine...?

Just then, he came out of his office as he put his coat back on, he didn't even spare me a glance as if I was invisible.

I huffed out. My phone started to vibrate on the table so I picked it up.

Damien:

Hey, where are you!?

I replied.

Zoey:

He made me stay in to finish extra work, I'll explain the details later but right now, I need 3 mins top and I'll be done.

Damien:

Understood. I'm waiting at your house.

Zoey:

Time me ;)

Damien:

Yes, ma'am!

I read the message, and put my phone down. I made sure to check if anyone was in the office before I could start using my powers. It took me two minutes to finish the paperwork and one minute to reach my house.

"Not bad, huh?", I pranced around outside my house, to Damien who was waiting for me.

"Not bad at all!", he said as he started to applaud me. "Now go get changed!!!!", he yelled at me as he shoved the clothes in my face.

I opened the door, he sat in the lounge while I went to my room to change. Oh yes! I forgot to mention, but I also got a new house!

I laid the clothes on the bed and closed the room door and undressed. Damien informed me that the theme was white, light, and fairytale. I had a quick bath and pampered myself. I took a look at every gown, they weren't to my taste for revenge. But just then, something out of the ordinary caught my attention. I gave off a low chuckle and smiled to myself.

"Perfect."