Chapter 50

Zoey's POV

I set my alarm up to wake me up extra early. It was going to be quite a day, I had to be prepared for anything and everything. Luckily after I came back to town I went to a nearby salon to do my hair. It looked quite untidy, it seems like everyone doesn't know who I am or even Alex. I need to ace this interview.

"Because you never faked your personality like every other woman who threw themselves to me. Because you have a heart made of diamond and gold. You fight for what is right. That's what made me fall for you. You've stolen my heart at our first meeting, I just didn't know how to deal with it or what I was even dealing with. You made my life simpler.", Alex's words replay in my mind.

I guess I need to follow this.

I had a bath and brushed my teeth.

I finally dressed up with black formal pants and a plum red satin blouse to go with it and black heels. I opened my hair after keeping it up for a long time, and it turned out wavy and put the chain around my neck. I applied M.A.C. light red lipstick and took one last look at myself before I could leave the house.

(Her  hair/clothes):

Before I went to Alex's company, I went to Cafe Aroma, Lily was surprised to see my sudden change, she didn't expect anything weird though

I took a cab to Griffins Enterprises and stood in awe of the tall building that carried mysteries that awaited me. I pep-talked myself before I could enter. I looked around to see the other employees dressed like there was no tomorrow. Everyone was dressed up formally and classy. I went to the front desk to see the secretary there.

"Hi, I'm Zoey Grif- I mean I'm Zoey Smith, I'm here for an interview with Mr. Griffin.", I said.

"Walk to your left, you'll see two elevators, take the one on your right, and go to the 58th floor.", she gave instructions.

"What's on the 59th floor?", I asked.

"Mr. Griffin's office.", she stated.

"And the 60th floor?", I asked her again so I could annoy her a bit.

"That's not for you to know.", she dissed me, not leaving any more room to talk to her.

Well...If she knew who I was, she would have been sucking up to me. Luckily, no one knows me. I did as she followed, the Elevators on the outside had glass as music played, and the whole damn place looked like a glass palace as I stared at it in awe. I started to feel a bit insecure but I quickly brushed it away. The elevator finally reached the 58th floor, I got off it.

I looked around to see that it was full of other women who came for the interview too. Some showed a tad bit of cleavage, while others' skirts were riding up their thighs. I cringed in my mind in disgust.

So these are the women he told me about... The first person was called, and she left with her makeup smudged all over her face. The second person left with her face flushed in embarrassment and anger. The third was left trembling and crying.

I huffed out, just as I looked around to see no one else was there except me. I think my heart dropped to my stomach. I shook away the fear, and the secretary called me next. I knocked on the door before I could enter, I opened it to find that the room was completely white and empty, the only thing was there were two chairs and a table. He faced the window with his two hands in his pocket.

"Mr. Griffin.", I called him.

He ignored me. I huffed out in annoyance.

"Imbecile...", I muttered under my breath.

"Do you mind repeating that?", he said as he turned around and made my eyes widen in shock.

I forgot that he can hear from afar. He frowned at me and tilted his head, he took slow steps towards me until my back hit the wall. I turned my head away so I won't have to look at him. I frowned in realization, that it must have been a test. I slyly wrapped my arms around his neck, but before he could make a move on me or even touch me I pinned him against the wall. I could see that I took him by surprise because his eyes widened in shock and he clenched his jaws.

"Now, if you don't mind Mr. Griffin, I would like to start with the interview, since I guess that I've already passed your test.", I stated and pulled away from him confidently and took my seat.

He huffed out as he adjusted his tie and clenched his fists in annoyance, but I could tell he was kind of curious.

"You've just jumped over the first hurdle and you're already acting like you own the world.", he said coldly.

"Don't I?", I questioned him.

Alex scoffed at me.

(Damn...I've missed you so much, Alex...), I thought to myself as he drank his water, just then he choked on it.

"Oh my god...are you okay?", I said as I quickly rushed to him and rubbed his back.

I could his back tense up beneath my touch. What if he remembers something? I thought to myself.

"Move.", he threw his words at me coldly.

I raised my hands in surrender and sat back in my seat, leaning back and crossing my legs.

"What makes you think you're fit for this job?", he asked me.

Here we go.

"I'm very athletic, I can fight off people to save you. I'm strong and stubborn just as much as you are. I can speak different languages and I do my work fast at its best quality.", I said.

It looks like he was giving some thought to it.

"What are your hobbies.", he asked me next.

Alex didn't even take one look at my file.

"I like boxing-", I closed my mouth quickly and clasped my hands over it.

I realized that he didn't know who I am and he doesn't know what I do.

"That's a very interesting sport.", he said as he interlocked his fingers together. "Maybe sometime we can have a match against each other and see how it works out.", he stated, I realized it slipped out of his mouth as his eyes widened in shock.

"I'm guessing I have the job, sir?", I asked slyly, trying to hide my smile.

He pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation and huffed out.

"Yes, you can leave now.", he stated as he got up and wavered his hand for me to leave.

I couldn't help but feel so excited, I jumped up and down, and my ankle twisted because I was wearing heels. I almost fell but I closed my eyes tight and opened them slowly when I felt two arms being wrapped around my waist.

I could see his nose twitch and his breathing got heavier and he started to growl like an animal.

"Go...now!", he yelled at me.

I realised that it was my scent that was getting to him, I just had to make sure he was calm and didn't bite me because he can get sick if he bites me because I'm a vampire . I cupped my hands around his face.

"It's okay, just focus on my breathing.", I said softly.

He calmed down, after I realized what I was doing I quickly pulled my hands away and ran away.