Chapter 31

"It's been a long time, my dear.", the man whispered to himself as he held an old photo in his hand and caressed the face of the young lady, which seemed to be her.

"I'm coming home soon, Zoey."

.

.

.

He pokes her face.

"Mhm...Alex!", Zoey exclaimed as she woke up from her sleep.

It's been a week since Zoey moved back into the mansion. Leo was happy for her and he even apologized for his stereotypical ways and the way he treated Alex. All they needed now was a beautiful wedding dress with a beautiful cake!

"Morning m'lady.", he said as he decided to lay on his side on her bed with his muscular arm supporting his weight and head.

Alex gave her the warmest smile she could have ever seen as the sun perfectly stroked his skin like he was a portrait. He decided to give her a peck on her lips. Zoey kissed him back and pulled away as she wrapped her arms around him. He pinned her down and decided to snuggle with her.

"Are you ready my princess?", he asked her as he stroked her hair softly and slowly.

"For?", she questioned as her eyes widened in surprise.

Alex simply held her left hand as he tapped her ring.

"Wedding plans and wedding dress, babe.", he said as he gave her a wink.

"Ah yes!", she exclaimed as she pulled herself impossibly closer into his embrace.

Alex just chuckled as he started to place kisses on her forehead, going down to her eyes and her cheeks and he looked at her lips, which made her look at him innocently as she waited. He just laughed to himself.

"I'll kiss you there if you get dressed and come to eat breakfast, love.", Alex stated as he ruffled her hair.

Zoey just pouted.

Zoey brushed her teeth and had a lovely bubble bath, she finally felt like there was somewhere to belong without being judged, and it was in Alex's arms. She had never been more happier than how she is around him. She grabbed the bubble foam in her hands as she blew them and chuckle to herself at the thought of her 'future husband'.

Zoey finally got off and wrapped herself in her bathrobe and looked for a dress to wear, something caught her attention.

"Ah...perfect.", Zoey muttered under her breath as she took the dress out of the drawer.

It seemed plain and simple, yet stylish in its own way. It was an off-shoulder silk dress that had two belt-like straps and was slightly above mid-thigh. It also had a simple black belt wrapped around it. Zoey decided to curl her hair and leave it open, which showed her beautiful brunette locks. Zoey added brown and black eyeshadow to her eyelids and lightly applied light pink lipstick and wore studded earrings.

 Zoey added brown and black eyeshadow to her eyelids and lightly applied light pink lipstick and wore studded earrings

Zoey opened the two doors slowly that were separating her from Alex. She smiled at him, which made him still as he stopped beating the eggs for her breakfast and looked at her dumbstruck. His jaw even dropped and his eyes widened. Alex didn't even pay attention to her dress or her hair. All he paid attention to was her smile which made him happy.

(Zoey's finally happy with being with me.), he thought to himself.

Alex left down the dishes and her food, dropping his apron as he walked to her demanding something from Zoey. Was it her lips? No. Was it her elegance? No. It was her love for him. Alex held her face with both of his palms on either side and stared at her intensely.

"Wha...You're going to smudge my make-up!", Zoey exclaimed but her words barely came on clearly because of the way he was holding her cheeks.

She gave up fighting and huffed.

"Oh, honey...I intend on smudging much more of your appearance.", he stated as he placed his lips on hers gently not letting go of her.

Meanwhile

"Why am I here?", Lily asked as she took a seat down next to the old lady, or should we say... Dante's mother.

Dante's mother gently pushed a white envelope towards her along with a yellow envelope.

"I'd open the white envelope first if I was you.", Dante's mother stated as she took a sip of her tea.

Lily looked at her skeptically and looked back at the white envelope. She slowly opened it as she kept her eyes peeled on the old lady sitting opposite her. Lily's eyes widened in shock, to see a thick stash of money. She quickly tore the yellow envelope open frantically, pulling her eyes towards the yellow envelope. Lily's hands shook.

To Lily's expertise, she was correct, she understood why she was there. She just leaned back in her chair and huffed.

"I didn't know these days...this generation, friends kiss each other.", the old lady stated as she looked down at the pictures of Dante and Lily at his place having intimate contact such as kissing.

Lily just kept quiet, keeping her eyes closed.

"Take the money Lily, I know you need it more than anything else.", Dante's mother added. "In exchange...you know exactly what to do, leave my son alone.", the lady demanded.

"I don't need your money. I've waited so long for Dante...and now...you just come here and demanded me into whatever you want? No. I'm going to be with him, I loved him for quite a long time and I deserve my happiness.", she stated as she stood up.

"My answer is no."

They were both confused as their eyes widened in shock, wondering who was the other person that spoke with Lily in unison. They turned to their side to see Dante.

"I'm no longer a puppet on your string, nor is Lily.", Dante said in a stern voice as he grabbed Lily's wrist tightly pulling her out of the place she was standing in and into his arms. "And I will not marry the girl you've set me up with unless it's the girl standing right in front of us.

Lily pulled him down and kissed him in front of his mother and Dante kissed her back.

"Perfect.", his mother said quietly. "You've both passed the test."

"WHAT?", they said in unison.