Chapter 41

Damion's POV

Damn...I forgot how loud Zoey can scream if the chance was given. I rubbed my hand over my ear and squinted in pain. I can't blame her though, it's kind of shocking to find out that werewolves and vampires aren't only in fairytales, but also in our daily lives. We might not just notice them.

She's kind of cute ...Shit. No, it's not. This is going to be harder than I thought it would. I can't fall for Zoey again, every time I look at her...I feel like I'm sinning. The bond is broken...but it takes time to get over the feelings unless you meet your next mate. I don't even know if my next mate will be able to fix this, even if I would even have one.

I ran my hand through my hair as I tried to think of where her friends would be, so I could go back. Yes, I need to go back... The very first day I met Zoey...I realized that I was already trapped...and I was her mate and she was mine... The day that Alex told me that he bit her...I felt a tight tug on my heart. The bond was semi-broken...and all that was left of it was my feelings for her. I can't blame him though, I never told him Zoey and I had a bond. I feel bad for leaving her in a ditch before I left. But I couldn't help it.

But...above all...I had to remember the reason why I started to work for Alex, I wanted to be there for him because he was always there for me. During those years...whenever I got bullied, he was the only one who stood up for me and even got into trouble for my sake. I can't stand in between his happiness. Speaking of which, he does seem happier.

A lot has changed.... I didn't want to see Zoey again...but, as soon as I saw that ring around her finger mouth she clasped her hands over her mouth in shock to see it, I knew nothing could get between them. And I have to get over myself.

"Zoey, let's go to your friend's house to see what we could get from there. Maybe I can start tracking from there onwards.", I said, trying to push my thoughts about her away.

"Sure thing.", Zoey told me.

Just then...I could hear footsteps approaching us...and the smell was different. There was another person in the house, my first instinct was to protect Zoey immediately from the intruder. So I rushed to her side and stood her up immediately. She looked at me so confused with those cute eyes of hers. The doors opened, I don't know how...but my heart started pounding out of my chest again as soon as I saw her. She had beautiful black hair with locks, she was slender and she wore a coat with gloves, nude pantyhose, and black formal shorts that matched the coat. She wore a scarf around her neck with black gloves too. As soon as we made eye contact, it was like as if we searched each other's eyes for something.

Get a grip on yourself, Damion! I told myself.

"Who the hell are you?", I growled at the intruder.

"That's the same question I should be asking you.", she said as she rolled her eyes at me, somewhat seeming like as if she was challenging me.

She grabbed an apple and started to munch on it, falling into the couch.

"Alexa!", Zoey exclaimed as she gave her a big hug.

This girl...Alexa looked carefully at Zoey and realized that it was her so she hugged her back.

"Zoey, you know this girl?", I asked and Alexa scoffed at me.

"For your information, I have a name, 'boy'.", Alexa told me.

I just simply ignored her, it seemed that it irritated her, huh?

"She's my new friend! Alexa, this is Damion, Alex's assistant, Damion, this is Alexa...Alex's twin sister.", Zoey said as she gave off an awkward laugh.

Wait, what?!

"I've worked with Alex for years...and not once did I know that he had a twin.", I stated, walking closer to Zoey and hiding her behind me.

"Anyways...you guys should check the news. I came here as fast as I could.", Alexa shrugged as she looked outside and closed all the curtains in the house.

I turned on the television and my eyes widened in shock. The headlines stated: " The CEO of Griffin and Co., Alexander Griffin is a bloodsucking vampire, and his wife, Zoey Griffin, is the legendary vigilante 'Midnight Owl'."

I looked at Zoey, whose hands were now trembling in fear, before I could comfort her, Alex stepped into the room, and his head immediately turned to Zoey's horrified expression which kept staring at the television.

His eyes widened in shock.

"This doesn't make sense...we hid your identities perfectly! Where did it go wrong...", I asked the couple.

Just then, a video clip played on the news, showing Zoey confessing everything to someone, who turns out to be her friend Lily. I looked at Zoey, who now continuously stepped back in shock as her hands covered her mouth and tears started to fill her eyes. I went to comfort her, but I felt someone pull me back. It was Alexa, and she just shook her head like as if she was telling me, 'Don't do it.". Did she already know ...?

Anyways, I grabbed the remote and switched the television off. It was the first time, I wasn't able to read Alex's expression. It didn't seem like fear, hatred, or anger. I think it was shock. No one would have expected this.

"We need to get you guys someplace safe and where no one would ever find you guys until the rumors die off.", I stated as I ran a hand through my hair.

The room was dead silent. I couldn't blame them. Who would know what our future holds for us now?