Chapter 43

Zoey's POV

I woke up to two familiar voices and I suddenly remembered what was going on, I tread lightly toward Alex but just before I could reach their distance, I heard Alexa talking which made me freeze.

"Dad didn't have a natural death.", I overheard her saying as I leaned by the near wall. "He loved The Queen, but once he started to get too close to her, Queen Mary's blood killed him. She didn't know, but he could feel that he was getting sick. He knew, but stayed with her till his last breath because he loved her."

My eyes widened in shock as I clasped my hands over my mouth.

"Does that mean she's our...?", Alex asked quietly, making me wait for Alexa's response to whether we were siblings.

"No, and that's not the issue.", she stated. "Alex. You either choose love or death, everything you've done to build this company from scratch, or your wife."

I waited for Alex to talk, but all I could was dead silence. Tears welled up in disappointment. It was like he was trying to decide what he should choose. Was he still in love with me after he heard the truth? I couldn't blame him though. I could understand what he was going through. If he chooses me...he loses the chance of living a happy life. I didn't want that to happen. If I loved him enough I needed to leave.

I wrote a letter quickly and slowly took the ring off my finger as the memories flooded my mind. Just then, I heard my cellphone vibrate to see it was Damien who was calling me. I picked it up and kept quiet.

"Zoey, I can't seem to reach Alex or Alexa, are you guys okay? Is everything okay? Where are you right now?", He questioned frantically.

I cut the call and sent him a text.

Me:

'Meet me at Lily's house. I'll talk to you there. We're all okay.'

Damien:

'Understood.'

I put my phone in my back pocket and open the window to feel the chills hitting on my face. My left leg was already out of the window, before I could put the other leg out and jumped out, I stopped for a moment and looked back.

'I have to do this for his safety.', I thought to myself.

I jumped out and started running, to find out I was running faster than expected. I guess it was one of the traits of being a vampire.

.

.

.

I finally reached Lily's place and looked around to see if there was any sign of Damien, just then I saw a black car parked off on the pavement. I saw Damien. I ran to him, he got out of the car in confusion as I ran into him and wrapped my arms around him tightly. He then hugged me slowly.

"Zoey, what's going on, is everything okay?", he asked me but I couldn't stop crying.

We sat in his car and I started to explain everything that I heard, he was just as surprised as me. He decided to help me to hide, I owe him my life for everything he has done for me.

Three months later

I woke up to the sea breeze that cooled my face as I squinted my eyes to hide from the sun that was hitting on me. I finally decided to get out of the hammock to see that I was covered by a blanket. I placed my feet on the sand which was so refreshing, it somehow brought a sense of warmth to me.

I huffed. "I guess it's time to hunt.", I muttered under my breath as I tied my hair in a messy bun and get ready for the day.

I grabbed a towel and went into the shower after I brushed my teeth. I let the beads of water fall on my back as I leaned forward.

'I love you, Zoey.'

A memory pops up.

"From what I can tell...Alex loves you.", I could hear Lily's voice ring in my head.

'This is it.'

'I will love you, forever and always.'

'A day to infinity.'

"You're so beautiful..."

I punched my hand into the wall harshly.

'Enough Zoey...Let go...', I thought to myself as I squeezed my eyes tight and felt hot tears falling down my cheeks

.

.

.

I decided to look for Damien since he didn't wake me up early as he usually does!

"What do you mean he is sick...? He never gets sick.", I overheard Damien whisper on the cell phone which was funny because I could never get I signal.

His eyes finally caught mine and he looked at me surprised which made me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. That's weird. He cut the call and walked up to me.

"What happened?", I asked him as I leaned my back against the palm tree behind me and folded my arms.

"It's...it's Alex...", was all that came out of his mouth.

My eyes widened in shock.

"What happened to him? Is he the one you were talking about on the call just now? Where is he right now? What happened?", I frantically questioned him.

We decided it would be best to sit down and talk.

"Zoey... Alex and Alexa don't know you're with me. As for Alex...he started to lose him...Alexa told me that he barely got sleep. He's obsessed with you and has been trying to track you down, but he can't find any traces of you. I've never seen him this way before, not even with Sabrina.", He said.

"That's because you covered up our tracks? Didn't you?"

Damien nodded.

"Alexa found a method...for the two of you to not be in trouble and to be safe and happy, Alex agreed with it. It was a hard choice on him but he did.", Damien stated, I could tell he was hiding something from me, something a bit too big.

"What is it?", I questioned him further.

I could see that he hesitated on whether or not he should tell me what was going on but he finally did.

"With the twin's powers put together in unison...they can erase everyone's memories of the identities that were revealed."

"That includes me too....doesn't it...?", I asked as clasped my hands together trying to hide the tremor.

"It does."

A/N: Ahahaha...That's a lot of POV's...Anyways, don't forget to like and comment on this chapter and the others!