Chapter 51

Alex's Pov

The next day

I clasped my hands together as I leaned forward on my desk. I continuously tapped my foot. Why did she smell so good? Why did Damien leave? How is my sister even alive? And why....just why...whenever I'm around Miss Smith, I feel complete and satisfied, but not fully.

I buzzed the intercom to call in my secretary, Kim. She's a bit older than me but she's smart, she knows she can't try anything on me. Kim is professional, but it doesn't mean I fully trust her or anyone with my secret, except Damien.

"Is there anything I can help you with sir?", Kim asked as she held her hands behind her back and her posture was straight.

"Hire Miss Smith, bring her in next week for the job, and look for Damien, see if he will talk to you.", I demanded.

"Yes sir.", she nodded before leaving my office.

I exhaled, ran a hand through my hair, and walked towards the glass window that gave a beautiful view of the city. Just then, I spotted someone who looked directly up at the building. It was her, Miss Smith. My eyes widened as we made direct contact, I couldn't even understand how she could see me from far and even though no one could see past the window.

It was like she realized what she was doing, she quickly pulled her gaze away and walked away from the building.

"Who the hell are you Miss Smith?", I whispered to myself.

The next week

I woke up to my alarm and got up from bed. I stretched and went into the gym room. I went down slowly under the weights and picked it up slowly.

'Alex, I love you.'

'I promise that I'll come back to you.'

I squeezed my eyes shut as I tried to push away whatever that was.

'I'm scared Alex... I don't want to lose you...'

I picked up the weights and threw them to the other side of the room which crashed against the basketballs that were packed up neatly.

Why the hell is Miss Smith in my head?! I felt like I was going to lose it, I needed to keep it together. I don't even understand what those are, why would I even imagine this? All these thoughts came to my head as I started to punch the boxing bag.

If Damien was here...maybe he would had have all the answers to my questions.

.

.

.

I drove the car to my office, and Mac took my car, as usual, to park it off. I buttoned my coat back on as I walked in. Everyone stepped out of my way and all eyes were on me as usual. It became something I got used to. I walked into my VIP elevator and pressed the button which led to the 59th floor. I exhaled as I tried to clear my mind.

'Just a normal day at work.', I repeated over and over again in my head, but that all changed as I walked into my office and I tried to keep my composure.

My gaze fell on the girl who was in my office, her hair was put up in an untidy ponytail and she wore a grey silk top with black high-waist pants and black pumps. Zoey wore a thin gold chain that seemed to have a ring on it and she wore a brown watch.

Zoey turned back swiftly and I came face to face with the same gaze that met mine the other day.

"Good morning Mr. Griffin. Everything is sorted out.", Zoey stated plainly.

She was very good at reading the room, it was awkward.

"So...I'm going to make your coffee and bring it.", she said as she gave a warm and gentle smile.

Zoey had the bare minimum of makeup, all she had was lip gloss but yet she looked so beautiful.

I gave her a light nod and sat in my chair as she left the room. She came back into the room with a strong aroma, it felt nostalgic. Too good to be true. I was close to telling her how nice she smelt but within a blink of an eye, she left the room fast. She's not like other assistants who tried to seduce me...It felt as if...she was hiding something from me.

I shook my head and shut my eyes tight as I tried to fix my mind about work and not Zoey. I picked up the newspaper, as usual, and another headline about me.

'Is Alexander Griffin gay??? Pictures of him and his assistant Damien were taken as follows

I choked on the coffee that Zoey made for me as I read the headline, I laughed as I put the newspaper back down.

"Hah...First, my best friend is missing...and now this?", I muttered under my breath.

I don't Zoey even noticed the headline of the newspaper otherwise she would've hidden it from me, or maybe not...

Just then, I heard a light knock on the door. It was Zoey.

"Come in, Zoe.", I said as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

My eyes widened at what I said, and when she opened the door, she seemed shocked. It just felt so natural, I don't know why. I cleared my throat.

"I mean Zoey.", I stated, and she just nodded.

"Sir, I came to address you about your schedule for today. You got a meeting with the board at 11 sharp. At One o'clock, you've got a meeting with your business partner, Romano Giovanni. And at 3:30, you've got a meeting with someone that goes by the name of...Steven? He said that your 'special wine' has been found.", Zoey stated all in one breath.

"Cancel the meeting with Giovanni, He'll understand. I have to visit someone, and I need you to come with me.", I demanded.

Zoey nodded as it seemed like she stroked off the meeting with Giovanni in her cute little book.

This is going to be a long day...