Chapter 46

"Zoey, run.", Damien softly said before he was pulled away.

Zoey's body went cold but she quickly reacted. She ran towards him, pulled him back quickly, and transformed into a vampire. Her long nails were able to through the rope and she grabbed Damien and ran away back rapidly into the house.

"Alex! Alexa!", she roared.

They quickly ran towards the voice to see Damien lying in her arms and her transformation. Zoey looked pale and cold, the short nails she once had, had grown out, and her sweet voice became deeper and rough.

"Alexa...go take Damien into the car. We're splitting up, it'll be safer for us this way.", Alex demanded in a stern but calm voice, not leaving room for Alexa to protest.

Alexa did as she was told, now leaving Alex and Zoey alone in the room.

"Zoey...? I know you're in there...You need to get a grip on yourself. We need to get out of here quickly.", he stated as he took slow and light steps towards her, ignoring the attackers that were outside.

As soon as he was close enough to her, his eyes flickered on her lips, and he kissed her. She kissed him back roughly as she tried to own the kiss, but she finally gave up and she transformed back to normal. Alex gave her a light smile.

"That's my girl," he stated, but their moment was soon broken by the door being broken. "Let's go, now.", he demanded as he grabbed her hand.

Alex led her to the basement and pulled off a cloth from a motorbike. He tossed her a helmet and put it on and so did he.

.

.

.

Alexa drove the car as fast as she could, far away from the cabin. She had one hand on the steering wheel and another applying pressure on Damien's wounds. There were times she started to wipe the tears away from her bloodstained hand fear. Alexa stopped the car at a good enough distance and lifted up Damien's shirt to see how he was healing and that he was okay. She sighed in relief.

"Where the hell are these two now...?", she muttered under her breath.

Meanwhile

Alex started the motorbike while Zoey wrapped her hands tightly around his waist.

"Are you sure you know what you are doing?", she questioned him in hesitation.

"Yes.", he just gave a one-word answer.

They drove out of there quickly. Zoey and Alex reached his sister.

"How is he? Is he okay?", Zoey questioned frantically, which made Alexa confused.

"Yeah....he is, he's just sleeping now.", Alexa stated.

"That's good news. But how the hell did they find us?", Alex questioned as he ran a hand through his hair.

"They must have been tracking me and Damien as soon as we came back. But how did they even know that he was a werewolf...that doesn't make sense.", Zoey answered.

Alex's eyes widened and so did Zoey's. They looked down at her neck to see the chain that her father gave her.

"Wait...there's no way...right...?", Zoey questioned in hesitation.

"Zoey...did anything strange happen before you called me after our first meeting?", Alex questioned.

"Yeah...The police showed up at the door in the middle of the night, claiming that they wanted to talk to me.", Zoey answered.

"Zoey, give me your chain please.", Alex demanded.

Zoey did as he said. Alex held a fist so tight around the chain that it broke, he then pushed the pieces of glass away, revealing a chip.

"Wha...What the hell is that?!", Zoey exclaimed in shock and anger. "My dad....he....", Zoey trailed off as she clasped her hands around her mouth.

"Shit...it all adds up now.", Damien stated as he took deep breaths and finally got up. "In your father's report, he worked for the government. I think he worked for the agency that hunts down creatures like us."

"Whoa...wait...you even did a background check on my family?", Zoey asked as she pinched the bridge of her nose in disbelief. "Unbelievable."

"Look, I'm sorry Zoey, I should have told you all of this.", Alex stated as he tried to calm her down. "But please hear me out, I never understood that I fell in love with you at that time. I just couldn't comprehend you and your ways."

"Alex, that's not what I'm angry about right now. I'm angry about the fact that my dad knew everything and wouldn't even give a damn to help us out of this situation! Instead, he would rather see us die!", Zoey yelled.

Everyone was dead silent.

"He's not your real father... he's your step-father. Your mother was dying...she needed someone to take care of you, so she married Leo."

Zoey's eyes widened in shock at Alex's statement.

"Does this seem like some kind of joke, right now?", Zoey shouted at him as tears started to fill her eyes and blur her vision.

Alexa gestured for Damien to leave with her to give the couple their space.

"Alex, you've been hiding so much of secrets from me while I had to seem like everything was fine on the outside. I even had a mis-"

The words slipped out of her mouth but she quickly kept quiet. Alex furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Zoey...what did you say?", he questioned her, but she just kept quiet.

Alex's eyes softened.

"Zoe...I'm sorry...I'm sorry for not telling you about everything! It's all my fault. But I just want you to know that I love you and nothing could ever replace that.", he stated as he cupped his hands around her tiny face and wiped away her tears.

"Three months ago...we had our first child.", Zoey stated as she burst out in tears. "And...and..."

Alex's eyes widened but he held her tight in his arms and comforted her.

"Shh...It's okay don't worry, you got this, and let's deal with this together. Okay?", he said as he ran his fingers through her hair.

She nodded.

Meanwhile

"Did you find them as yet?", a gruff voice asked.

"No, but we will find them soon sir. It seems that they split up so it would have been harder for us to track them down."

"You know what...?", the voice stated as he took slow steps closer to the man he was questioning. "You're just as useless as Leo. Get the hell out of my sight before I kill you and your family."

The person ran away as quickly as possible.

The gruff voice huffed out.

"The four greatest sales are on the run...and all my men are useless...absolutely stupid!", the man exclaimed as he tumbled the files from his desk.

"You're forgetting someone who could help you sweetheart.", a voice in a strong accent stated, but the man quickly pulled out his gun and aimed it at the woman.

"And you are?", the man questioned in annoyance.

"You can call me Sabrina."

"And that's supposed to scare me?", the man stated sarcastically.

"I don't expect it to, but I have unfinished business with them. So it will be my absolute pleasure helping you find them."

"Then, let's get business done.", the man stated.

"Straight away."

A/N: The chain she is talking about is from Chapter 5, just in case you get confused. Don't forget to vote, comment, and subscribe!

~XOXO~