Chapter 76

"ALEX!", Zoey exclaimed as she stepped back in shock.

"Zoey...I-"

"No! You don't get to show up out of the blue and keep doing this to me!", Zoey shouted.

Just then, she ran to him and jumped on him, cupping his face and giving him kisses. Alex held her under her thighs to make sure she didn't fall and he kissed her too. Zoey then wrapped her arms around his neck and crossed her legs around him and kissed his nose and face. Alex placed her down slowly on the sofa and leaned above her but she didn't want to let go. He pressed a reassuring hand on her hand and she slowly pulled away.

"Is this real?", she asked softly.

"No matter where you go, how much you hate or regret what we have, I will always chase after you for all the days of my life. And you have to take responsibility for having such a strong power over me.", Alex stated as he placed small and light kisses around her face.

"I'd rather take the responsibility than deal with the consequences.", Zoey laughed as she ran her hands through his hair and kissed him.

'Meow.'

They both stopped and looked at each other and started to laugh.

"This...is Ivy. Ivy, this is Alex, my husband, lover, and everything I ever need.", Zoey stated as she looked at Alex.

"Oh yes! Speaking of that, I got a little surprise for you.", Alex stated as he pulled Zoey up to her feet and he knelt.

"Be mine and mine only, forever and always because I don't think my sanity would be intact if I don't have you by my side. Zoey, will you stay by me?", Alex asked as he pulled out Zoey's wedding ring and placed it on her finger.

"Yes.", Zoey stated and kissed him as soon as he got up from the floor.

"Come here, Ivy.", Zoey cooed to Ivy and picked her up to show Alex as soon as Ivy walked to her.

Alex picked up Ivy and played with her until she fell asleep.

"She likes you.", Zoey whispered as she took Ivy and placed her on her bed.

"I'm guessing you didn't just rise from the dead, so why did you fake your death?", Zoey asked as she sat next to Alex.

"The reason why I'd let her kiss me the other night is so that I can use her hair to place it in my so-called, 'death scene'. She's going to get arrested and I have a plan for us.", Alex stated.

"What do you mean?", Zoey asked as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Alex pulled Zoey to sit on his lap.

"Run away with me.", Alex stated with hope in his eyes." Before you get angry, I'm tired of living the billionaire life, Zoey...all I'm saying is that I need you, I want to be with you. I'd do anything to be with you.", Alex stated.

Zoey was left speechless and soon she started to puzzle it together.

"Are you telling me...you got through all of that trouble just for us to be together?", Zoey asked.

Alex kept quiet and couldn't look at her. Zoey got up from his lap.

"Why...?", Zoey asked.

"Because I love you. God damn it. Zoey. I'm obsessed with you! Always have been and always will be! I can't survive a damn day without you. In fact, I want to be there with you carrying our kids. I want to be the one to make you comfortable when you're pregnant, I want to rub your belly and talk to our children. I want to grow old and grey with you and I always want it to be us only.", Alex exclaimed after Zoey pulled him inside the room to talk to him.

"You think I don't want that?! I want it more than anything else!", Zoey stated.

"Then what is stopping you from being free?!", Alex asked.

"I'm scared of losing you! I'm scared that you would work too hard on only making me happy and I won't be able to do anything to make you happy. I want to be a vampire! I want to be your equal and give you the same and more love than you give me!", Zoey yelled at him. "You always go out of your way for me but I feel useless, I feel like I'm not the wife material!"

"Zoey...I-"

"No. Don't pity me, you have no idea how hard it is to survive like this, feeling like I can't do anything-"

Zoey was cut off by Alex's arm wrapped around her waist to pull her closer and the other to pull her hair away from her neck.

"Are you sure you want to become a vampire again?", Alex asked in a deep gruff voice.

Zoey was dumbstruck for a moment but she nodded her head. Alex took a deep breath in and out. His canines became sharp and his eyes glowed bright red which scared Zoey as he sunk his teeth into her neck, she flinched in pain and after a while, it went away as Alex pulled away slowly.

"Zoey, is everything okay?", Alex questioned as he placed both his hands on either side of her arms.

She nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I'm fine.", Zoey stated as she wrapped her arms around Alex's waist and hugged him. She chuckled. "I guess you still got your body toned.", Zoey laughed.

"Yes! I kept it this way only for you.", Alex stated as he winked at her. "I missed hugging you like this.", Alex sighed and played with Zoey's hair.

.

.

.

"So when are we leaving?", Zoey asked as she placed the dinner on the table Alex pulled out a chair for her to sit in and he took his seat.

"I asked Romano for a favor and he agreed to help us so we leave first thing in the morning, is that comfortable with you?.", Alex questioned.

Zoey froze for a moment and came to her senses at Alex's question.

"To be honest...I would love to leave with you tonight but...don't you think we have some issues here to sort out first?", Zoey asked as she cringed.

Alex smiled and started to laugh as he held Zoey's hand in his and kissed her knuckles.

"That's my girl.", Alex stated and Zoey blushed." How about this....I say that...we give Edward, Jazz, and Emerson hells before we leave. What do you think about that?", Alex asked.

"Sounds like a perfect plan to me.", Zoey smirked sinisterly.