Chapter 68

"You're fired.", Alex stated.

Zoey's bright smile dropped as her mind slowly started to comprehend the words her boss just said.

"W....what...?", Zoey's voice broke.

"You. Are. Fired.", Alex said with every step he took forward toward her. "Do you understand it now or do I need to teach you what I have just told you?", Alex asked as he bent down to her level and whispered in her ear.

Zoey took a deep breath as her fists started to curl up and her anger began to build up.

"I would like it if we could discuss this properly in your office, Mr. Griffin.", Zoey stated, everyone looked at her shocked that she would do something like that.

Alex smirked and looked at the people whose jaws were open.

"Sure.", he said.

.

.

.

Alex and Zoey sat in several minutes of silence until she made her move. She stood up and walked over to him, sitting on his lap. Alex swallowed his spit while she smirked at his nervousness.

"Get off up my lap right.", Alex demanded as his fists curled up, not daring to make eye contact with Zoey.

Zoey leaned in and played with his hair.

"I'll call security if you don't get off my lap right now.", Alex said as he clenched his jaws.

"Do it.", Zoey said as she grabbed the intercom and placed it in his hand. "It's the red button by the way if you don't understand what I'm saying."

Alex threw the intercom across the room.

"Get out! Now!", Alex yelled to her but Zoey wasn't fazed, nor did her smile leave her face.

"Make me.", Zoey stated proudly with a huge smirk plastered on her face.

Alex pulled her head down towards him and kissed her deeply, she kissed him back too. Zoey got tired and tried to pull away, but Alex pulled her back. When she pressed her thumb hard on his arm, he let go of her with their foreheads pressed against each other.

"I hate you so much right now...", Alex muttered under his breath.

"I hate you too.", Zoey added with a frown on her face.

"But you're still leaving my company.", Alex stated with a boyish grin on his face.

Zoey groaned and got off his lap.

"Don't think that would work on me, sweetheart.", Alex's laughter filled the room.

Zoey rolled her eyes and finally, something caught her attention. She walked towards Alex's desk and picked up a picture in a glass frame.

"What the hell....is this-", her words were cut off by Alex pulling away the frame from her.

"Leave.", Alex demanded in a cold tone.

"What the hell, I deserve to know what that is, especially if my face is plastered on it!", Zoey yelled at him.

"That is not you in my frame! Now get out!" Alex roared at her, sending shivers down her spine in fear, making her tremble.

"Zoey...I-"

"I'll go. Goodbye,Mr. Griffin, I hope that we will never see each other again.", Zoey stated before she could leave Alex's office with her bag on her shoulder and her coat in her arm.

That evening

Alex was about to get off work early when he grabbed his coat. Just then, Damien was calling him.