Chapter 77

Zoey's Pov

I walked passed at the streets, the kids were playing outside in the snow, and their parents had hot chocolate in their hands, I smiled at the sight. Just then, I heard Alex.

"Are you ready?", he asked from afar.

I nodded and continued walking. I walked into an alley that Alex said I should walk into, I was calm because I could feel and smell Alex close by and I could also hear the same footsteps. It must be them that was following me. I kept walking until I was further enough into the alley and I turned around. The two men that were following me, bowed their heads. The bald guy hands me the silver knife that was wrapped in the cloth and I took it from him.

"There's no need to bow to me.", I stated as I opened the cloth, the knife had a claw, a normal hand, and fangs on it, I guess it represented the beings like us. "Don't worry about Romano."

"We don't work for him.", the other man spoke which made me freeze. "We used to serve under The Great Queen Mary."

"Oh! I had no idea...", I muttered under my breath. "So just cut the palm of my hand, right?", I asked.

"Yes, My Queen.", the bald man stated making me freeze before I could cut my hand. "Q-queen?", I stuttered.

"Yes.", the man answered back. "I apologize for the fact that we were never there to help you, we never knew if the Queen had any descendants."

I nodded in understanding and made a small cut on my hand, as soon as I did that, the bald guy pulled out an empty vile along with a golden handkerchief, ad covered my hand immediately after taking my blood.

"Thank you.", I stated and walked away first.

I walked out of the dark street and passed the houses with their Christmas trees up and snowmen built. Just then, I felt a strong arm wrapping around my waist, I knew who it was. Alex. I kissed him and we walked back to Alexa's house. As soon as we reached the doorstep, we looked at each other and nodded. Alex told me that he was suspicious about Alexa and the way she appeared suddenly, and so was I. Alex rang the doorbell.

"Hey guys, what brings y'all here?", Alexa greeted us with a big smile on her face after opening the door halfway.

"Happy Thanksgiving!", I exclaimed as I took out a gift box from my bag.

"Aww thank you so much, you shouldn't have.", she stated as she hugged me.

"You can drop the act.", I stated.

I could smell that she was hiding something. Alex looked at me shocked because I didn't go according to plan, but he wrapped his arm around me and followed my lead. He's too much, everything he does matches me.

Alexa let out a loud sigh.

"It's about damn time, Zoe.", she stated as she hugged me tightly again.

.

.

.

"How did you know all along?", I asked her.

"Well...about that-"

"Hey baby, did you see my watch anywhere-", Damien's voice cut in but he froze on the spot as soon as he saw me and Alex.

I thought my eyes were going to pop out but Alex covered my eyes.

"What the hell is going on here...?", Alex asked Alexa.

"We're mates and Damien mind linked everything including the past to me.", Alexa shrugged off.

"What?! Couldn't I have done that in the first place instead of Alex tormenting me!", I exclaimed as I pulled Alex's hand away from my eyes.

Alex was speechless.