Chapter 75

Zoey stretched as she sat straight on the bed before her alarm could ring. She turned it off and remembered the fight she had with Alex as her smile faded. Zoey shook her head and brushed it off and started to smile again.

"C'mon Zoe...it's a new day, leave the past behind!", she encouraged herself as she jumped on her bed, waking up her mysterious partner.

"Morning Ivy!", Zoey exclaimed as she hugged her siamese cat.

Ivy purred as she slept on her back for Zoey to rub her.

Flashback

Zoey kept running away with tears strolling down her cheeks. She stopped in her tracks as she crossed an alley, she could hear voices from afar.

"Throw the cat in the sewer again! My hand mistakenly shook and the angle wasn't right.", A young boy shouted.

Zoey could make out that the cat was howling. Her eyebrows furrowed up in confusion, it was raining heavily. She ambled in the shadows.

"Wait... leave the cat there, did you hear that?", the boy with the phone asked the other fellow.

The boy dropped the cat to the ground immediately.

"Yeah...I heard that alright.", the boy stated as he walked closer to his friend.

Just then, the two boys jumped in shock and turned behind them to see what made that noise. They could make out a silhouette.

"Come on out! We're not afraid of you!", the boy with the cell phone yelled.

"Are you sure? Because I can smell it on you.", Zoey stated as she moved at inhuman speed and whispered behind the boy's ear.

The boy gasped and turned in shock to see no one there. Goosebumps appeared on them as they heard a sinister laugh, but they weren't able to tell which direction it was coming from.

"Over here.", Zoey stated as she picked up the cat that was rubbing herself on Zoey's leg.

"If you do this to an animal again...I'll kill you and I will feed you to vultures while you are alive. Is that understood?", Zoey asked with an evil smile plastered on her face.

The boy who threw the cat peed in his pants as they both nodded.

Zoey's eyes brightened dark red.

"Run.", Zoey stated and so they did.

Zoey put the cat back down and knelt as she started to pet it.

"Go home, kitty and be careful...not everyone is nice.", Zoey stated as she started to walk away.

The cat started to follow Zoey even when she crossed the street, she turned around to see the cat sitting and wagging her tail.

"You don't have a home, do you?", Zoey asked as she tilted her head.

The cat did the same and rubbed herself on Zoey's leg and purred. Zoey smiled and picked up the cat.

"To be honest, I've always loved siamese cats, but what do you want me to name you?", Zoey asked the cat as she made the cat rest in her arms, the cat licked Zoey's hand and Zoey laughed. "You know how to make people happy, don't you?"

The cat purred.

"I'm Zoey, nice to meet you...Ivy...fits perfectly to your greyish-white coat. Let's go home and clean you up.", Zoey stated.

End of flashback

"So...today we are going to go to the vet and then we'll go for a picnic. How that sounds?", Zoey asked Ivy as she put her hair up in an untidy bun and Ivy purred.