Chapter 59

Zoey's Pov

I finally stood up and placed my hand gently on his chest, then I pulled his tie down to reach my level. Hell...I was shit scared, but even if he's meant to be my other half, I'm not letting any man trample over me. It's time I stood my ground. He looked at me shocked with wide eyes, I'm sure he didn't expect any of this. I guess...it's just my turn to play his little games.

"Well...about your offer...on making my life a living hell, I'll take you up on it.", I whispered in his ear and pulled away slightly as I threw him a wink. "Make it worth my while.", I whispered once again before I could kiss his ear.

I pulled away and distanced myself from him and I decided to correct my posture, I could feel my eyes glowing on top of that too, so I decided to leave. Just before I could open the door, I stopped in my tracks.

"Oh...and also...my boyfriends shouldn't be of your concern unless you would like to become one of them.", I said as I puckered my lower lip before I could leave his office.

I decided to take my bag with me into the restroom, luckily I had a spare change of clothes in case of an emergency like this. I washed my hair with a dry shampoo that I kept in my bag and changed into a black square neck, puffy long sleeves tee with a checked skirt which was just above knee length for me.

If I'm going up against my boss, I should do it with a little finesse.

The rest of the day went off easily since he didn't talk to me, he simply asked his secretary to send me all of the work. Whenever I could, I'd try to call Damien. I don't understand why he's not picking up. It's my fault too...I feel bad for what I did that day. I need to make it up to him.

Just then, I received a text from Edward.

Edward:

Hey princess, what's up?

Me:

Shitty boss, shitty workload :( What about you?

Edward:

Missing you ;) I'll be outside your office in 30 minutes top.

Me:

Wait. Why?!

Edward:

Taking you out. I got to go, for now, I'll talk to you a bit later.

Me:

Okay.

I huffed out.

"Hey, Zoey. Mr. Griffin said that you have to complete all of the paperwork and the future appointments before you leave for work.", the secretary said before she could leave.

I huffed out and continued with my work. As soon as I finished it, I cracked my knuckles and stretched a little, before I could leave, I heard the intercom continuously buzzing. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and decided to go check it out, I realized that he always ran the intercom once, something was not right. I didn't even carry my knife today. Speaking about that, it's been a long time since I've been catching criminals.

I knocked on the door, but I heard nothing, so I decided to open it. I gasped out in shock as I saw Alex on the floor. I ran to him straight away and tried to get him to focus but he was losing consciousness.

"Alex! Alex! Please wake up! I'm begging you.", I exclaimed as I could feel tears forming at the corners of my eyes.

I mentally scolded myself, it was not the time or place to cry. Alex got paler with every second that passed by.